Battle Ship Xtrm

D

DemonOfNight

Ok, like i said, i remade all the map, i started with the south base, i make a (beach-like) terrain and made 3 island to mark the limit of the base!!! i will make the harbour and place them right to the spawn place!!! I like your triggers sooda but i dont think the moving ships are not that much smooth and the follow a path, anyway im makeing the map and i will finnally send it to serra. Im really sorry serra because i couldnt gave it to you before because of all the problems i got (btw my grandfather as died) i got troublesome theise last weeks but now im ok!!! take a look at this picture:
The picture of the south base is here!!!

EDIT: Why does it makes a melee game init at the start of the game?

EDIT: Nvm, i found why!!!

SerraAvenger

Cuz I can
Reaction score
Well I will add just some terrain things then..
And I don't think that these "crew orders" are to fine... they make it too complicated for players.
And it would take too long, so some players probably won't even start creating a crew.... And we wanted to make a Bship mod, not a completely new gametype!
I think it would be fine with normal use of crew, just like workers that can repair, and so on...
Next friday I will create a little map showing what I meant by the crew and interiors....

But I have one burning question - how do you plan to make weapons?
I really didn't get it...
Plz answer me

Greets Serra

P.S.: Nevermind, DemonOfNight... I had no time for the map

D

DemonOfNight

well, okay.
>Weapons:
Its really easy, we will only use pheonix fire and barrage as ability and after put them in an item (Btw, barrage is to make LOT of multiple shooting)
>Bship mod:
Well, yeah this is all like battleship EXEPT that wee put in some new things cause if we dont do things like that, the players will say that we copied the ancient maps at 100% and we didnt invent a thing.
>Crew:
I think our actual idea of what are the crew members is really good, all our ideas became in one and everything is ok (this is what i think)
>Extra, Victim, Hostile, vice versa WTF:
Hey sooda, i dont really know what (neutral thing) is allied woth the south base so i cant finish my repair thingy correctly so plz tell me what is the (neutral thing) for the south AND the north base (What i mean by neutral thing is Neutral Victim, Hostile, Passive, vice versa)

D

DemonOfNight

well, ok i understand what u say but we dont want to make pheonix fire need mana, exept if our ammo system is needing mana but i dont think this is what we will do. Anyway, take a look at my tutorial on how to make those kind of weapons (Don is D= Demon / O= Of / N= Nightmar):
The tutorial of Don is here

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
> Btw my grandfather as died.
R.I.P
> What (neutral thing) is allied woth the south base
Two Forces (Teams) South Force has Neutral Victim as allies and North Force has Neutral Extra as ally.
Neutral Hostile is Neutral Hostile for everybody.
> The picture of the south base is here !
That seems already better. Little dark sea spots have to be there ? Can you buy from shipyard ships ? You should bring it a bit more out from corner still shipyard should be connected with land (Shipyard should not be surounded with shallow water. In one side there should be sand also.). It looks way nicer than before. Even smoother if you can otherwise gj.

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
Poor Sooda :(

but the crew thing is new I think people would like the idea but how hard is it
(because in this game I'm only the Manager, Cheif Tester, and Admin of the Map lol so I want to try it out if you don't mind :p )

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
Sooda said:
> Btw my grandfather as died.
R.I.P
>Poor Sooda
It was DemonOfNight grandfather :eek:
>I want to try it out if you don't mind
Of course you can it is in early stage though right now.

SerraAvenger

Cuz I can
Reaction score
well, ok i understand what u say but we dont want to make pheonix fire need mana, exept if our ammo system is needing mana but i dont think this is what we will do. Anyway, take a look at my tutorial on how to make those kind of weapons (Don is D= Demon / O= Of / N= Nightmar):
The tutorial of Don is here

Your tutorial is useless for me I posted the way of making these weapons at the beginneng of this thread LOOK HERE
And I never read your tutorial before...

And the problem is the same....
You need st to take ammo, I need st to take mana
But it will have the same event !!
Both triggters will have to execute when the phenixfire missile is started!

So if you want to make this *** Ammo use, we first have to create a trigger that does what we want to!
Wether in GUI or in MUI for me no difference but if we want to make it in MUI do it so, sooda!
Or I see no point in creating ammo or st like that!

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
Good news I have reworked moving trigger- it no more lags and should be leak free. Only small lag spikes in when all units are created but I think I can solve that issue in no time.
> st
What is that "st" ?

> I will make spawn trigger now to reduce lag when units are created then I move on to the Phonix Fire issue.

D

DemonOfNight

ok i have a little problem... the thing is that i cannot change the owner of the tower of the empiore to Neutral Victim. The 2 options are neutral and neutral hostile. i can only make tower to the neutral victim if i spawn them at the start (trigger and regions needed) but it produce GIGA long DL so i think we could take the other neutral or only make 5 plyrs in each teams.

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
> Ok i have a little problem... the thing is that i cannot change the owner of the tower of the empiore to Neutral Victim.
It isn' t really a problem create it for both teams (Take player 1 for Force 1 and player 7 for Force 2.) and after when map initializes we change owner with triggers.
What you are doing right now ? Pics from terrain- I' m curious like always. Btw all towers, buildings must be units. Otherwise it would cause bugs with Neutrals.
Don' t worry we can find solutions to all problems.

Now I have finished movement and spawn triggers- they work like a charm. Only first time it lags because preloading isn' t done, after first wave you don' t even notice when ships are created.
I have to work with vote trigger now. Phoenix fire later... all things on new weekend. Right now I could implement movment and spawn triggers if you would send me map.

SerraAvenger

Cuz I can
Reaction score
I want map too tomorrow...
You could send it now to sooda, then he (I think "he", if not tell me) can send it to me
And right now I'm working on a Bship map on myself...
But has not much to do with this one
More infos later... ;)

D

DemonOfNight

ok, just wait a moment, i have to understand what ur talkin about. When you will have the map, you could make me understand why we should use units to make towers because towers are units... anyway, i dont really understand what ur talking about.
>we could change ownership
I did this in other maps and it still lagg a bit at the start.

>Right now, im making vote
Ok, make some jass for vote and ill give the map in like 2 hours (GMT+3 ''south canada'')

EDIT:

>Serra
Yeah, i will give it to sooda and he will decide what he will do (not my problem when HE have it...) god damn i got to edit the post because u posted when i was writing!!

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
>Ok, just wait a moment, i have to understand what ur talkin about.
Neutral Victim & Extra will flee from buildings what shoot them if they have health below yellow.
>Ok, make some jass for vote.
I'm exhausted from work what I did already by fixing and creating spawn trigger. I will start on vote system on next weekend. So don' t hurry with sending me map. I' m just ready with my so far made work.
>I did this in other maps and it still lagg a bit at the start.
That isn' t because of that. That lag came from not preloading units, buildings, effects, sounds, icons, etc. All what will be used in game should be preloaded so it would not create "first cast lag".

D

DemonOfNight

no prob, i set what i got to set, i hope you like the map, make a reply ASAP saying what u think of the map (things i should improve and things you like) BTW repair system half working!!

EDIT: i have a good idea to display some information on the boats and the upgrades he have. The thing is that with triggers, we can change the (agility ''value'') for something else and in the game properties, i think its text-general, we can change the text ( Agility: ) to ( Sail Speed: ). So what i want to display is really easy to do. We take 3 variables:
Sail_Speed (integer no array «0 = default»)
Crew (is, in the game, the number of crew you have) (integer no array «0 = default)
Repare_Rate (integer no array «0 = default»)

This is the trigger:
Code:
Change the values

Event:
-Time elapsed is 2 seconds
Condition:
Action:
-For each integer A from 1 to 12, do actions
Loop-Action
-Pick every units owner by player integer A and do multiple actions
-Set Sail_Speed = picked unit integer(default speed)
-Set Regeneration_Rate = picked unit integer(default speed)
-Modify Strenght of picked unit (add Sail_speed)
-Modify Agility of picked unit (add Regeneration_Rate)
-Modify Intelligence of picked unit (add Crew)

i hope you understand my idea!

SerraAvenger

Cuz I can
Reaction score
DON this is a bugged trigger...

Look here:

Let's say sailspeed is 300, okay?
Then it is ifrst looked at.... Sail_speed = 300
Strength is 1 at the beginning, so it will be 300 + 1 = 301
Yet one too much
and then, 4 seconds gametime:
Sail_speed = 300
Strength: add 300
301 + 300 = 601
wiich is 301 too much
Next time
and so on -.-

Do it like this:
Code:
Event: every 3 seconds of gametime
Condition:/
Actions:
Pick every unit matching condition: matching unit is a hero equal to true
and do: Hero - Decrease Strength of (picked unit) by (Strength of picked unit)
           Hero - Add (current movespeed of picked unit - 1) to strength of (picked unit)
And this for all attributes

And i have a question...
Why do you always write "He have" and not "he has"?
I think it has to be that verb form...

@Sooda: It would hide stats but would only allow 12 units (max) to be carried

Greets Serra

D

DemonOfNight

lol serra, this was only an exemple... it doesnt have to be THAT MUCH clear cause its not in the game, but on the forum!!!-_-. Btw, he have, its because i was tinkin about something else while writin!!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +2
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.