Battleships Health Increase Spell

l-hate_you

Reaction score
So I was playing around in my map and I stumbled upon something I hadn't realized: Battleships did not use "Item Health Increase" for the hero ability that passively increases ship health without showing the icon in the UI because if they had, it couldn't level past level one (as seen here and unfortunately experienced by me.) So, I was just wondering if anybody knew how it was done or if anyone has the Open Source for Battleships because I heard an Open Source (unprotected) was officially released. Thankyou!

Baltazhar

Reaction score
They have used Upgrades.

Have an Upgrade (e.g. +50 HP, 100 levels) apply to a ship. When the ship gains the item 'small hp bonus', u set the upgrade to level 1 for the player. if he gets 'medium hp bonus' u set the upgrade to lvl 2. If he sells it, just set it to 0 again...

Hope that explains it :)

Reaction score
Upgrades, can't be "un-researched"...

If you disable/enable the item ability it should regain the stats of its actual level.
Thats normally the trick to get it to work..

l-hate_you

Reaction score
Well thanks for al lthe responses, but I fiddled around with all that and Upgrades cant be unresearched, Item Permanent Life Gain (Manual of Health) would look promising but when made a hero ability it actually did absolutely nothing, and I don't quite understand this

If you disable/enable the item ability it should regain the stats of its actual level.
Thats normally the trick to get it to work..

:confused: Guess theres more to Battleships than meets the eye.. I had totally overlooked it

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
> when made a hero ability it actually did absolutely nothing

That's normal.
If you want to "learn" increased health, use some ability that isn't doing anything, and add the item ability when learned.

hell_knight

Playing WoW
Reaction score
Use the event hero learns a skill , and everytime he learns it add the +life item ability on him , it doesn't level but it stacks.

C0mput3r

Reaction score
What about the Set Max Unit State System, it uses a glitch to set max health/mana. Try searching for it?

l-hate_you

Reaction score
Ugh... I took the item ability Permanent Life Gain and added it to the hero like this and it didnt work... :banghead:

Health Increase
Events
Unit - A unit Learns a skill
Conditions
(Learned Hero Skill) Equal to Improve Integrity (Mech)
Actions
Unit - Add Add 50 Health (item) to (Learning Hero)

hell_knight

Playing WoW
Reaction score
Hmm that is strange , take for example you can stack multiple gems of life or whatever it is called in ladder.

l-hate_you

Reaction score
Thanks man :D

+rep

Ok now theres a new problem... What about increasing move speed with that? Like Improve sails in Battleships? I tried to manipulate the system that increases health in that way with Item Move Speed Bonus (boots of speed) but it didn't quite work. Any ideas for that?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.