Bizare Glitch?

Nighthawk

Reaction score
So I've been busy designing an AI for my game BMT. I played it several times, nothing went wrong and I thought I would leave it how it is and post it. Then I went to grab a rejuvination rune off a corner of the map that people rarely go and its filled with approx. 50 AI heroes. The heroes are all level 1 and do not belong to any player (i'm assuming their neutral creeps b/c they will attack me but do not attack the neutral creeps that they spawn next to).

I used an item the next game to reveal the area for a few minutes and nothing happened; the game worked perfectly fine. After the 2 minutes it went away for maybe 10 seconds and then I used the item again and lo and behold, there were 3 AI heroes sitting there, all level 1. From that point on 1 more hero spawned every 4 seconds in the same area.

I've checked and rechecked my AI coding and I don't see how this could relate in any way. The heroes are always one of the 8 available AI heroes but which one of the eight spawns seems to be random. It also does not appear to me like its connected to AI players dying on the map but I could be wrong.

I'm at a complete loss here, any help would be appreciated. The AI map is available here: (I've dropped a spyglass on the ground on both sides near the shop, also the specific area that this happens is on the cliff edge directly to the right of where you choose your heroes)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=CAOWOGOP

Nighthawk

Reaction score
Fixed

I have a 3 minute respawn timer for my neutral creeps. If a unit dies I run a type check and if it is one of the neutral creep types then I respawn it at its designated area after 3 minutes. For the neutral creeps that the AI heroes were spawning at I didn't run that check, so every unit that died ended up being spawned there at level 1 for neutral hostile.

Anyone have a spiked board I can use....oh no this desk will work fine.."WHAM!"

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.