Black & White

Linkoln

Reaction score
Sup, this is gonna be fun... :banghead:

So what i'm working on is another WC3 version of Black & White. 2 Gods (auto enemies) and 2 pre-converted villages at the base of the god's mountain, and 8 players who can choose to be either settlers or adventurers; Settlers drawing power from the village they found, and adventurers drawing strength from their own individual training as well as the towns that are built around them.

Gods:
The gods main goal is the destruction of the other god, as well as owning all villages on the island. To meet this goal they can use; their Creature, various miracles, Villages, heroes, and any intimidation they can conjure.
They are given the choice between good and evil (no middle ground), and the creature will reflect the choice made.
Creatures gain Strength and Size from time, not training.

Villages:
Every player (including the villages that start out converted) are given a hero, and although adventurers are much stronger at later levels, they are the same strength at the start.
When a village is converted, the entire populace comes under the control of the god, except for the Leader of the village. The god may decide to let you keep the village to serve him, or to take it from you completely and run the village himself (he can give or take at any time, so good luck betraying him). But he cannot take your hero or control him.

Village Types:
Villages choose between three main government structures; Militant, Economic, and Religious.

Militant villages are strong physically and strategically. They can Raid a village with soldiers and catapults, Defend with walls and towers, and defeat the mightiest of creatures.

Economic villages manipulate the game with their gold. They can create shops to sell items to villages and adventurers, Use politics to slow and stop enemy villages, and may even purchase entire villages from other players.

Religious villages are the gods stronger allies and worst enemies. They can resist gods conversion, use counter miracles, and even freeze his creature!

Adventurers;
Adventurers play as wild cards. They can be zealots to a god, bounty hunters to economic villages, or a militant armies strongest weapon. They ally amongst themselves to take down hostile creeps attacking villages, and fight over the creed.

Creed;
Every village (included the ones pre-converted) and adventurer starts with a piece of creed. Although the benefits of the creed are very limiting to a settler, an adventurer with enough could take down both god's creatures at once.
The creed is used as an ultimate reward from a village, or the ultimate loot from the burned dismembered corpse what once was a man.

Horses;
Randomly spawned, and quite rare, these can increase the power of a single unit considerably or be used keep items.

Basic Tech Tree

StoreHouse: Used to store wood and resources. Permits Disciple Harvester.
Hovel: Increases unit capacity.
Disciple Harvester: Harvests wood, metals, and other materials.
(requires Storehouse)
Market; Used to sell and purchase resources from around the map. Basic money making tool for villages.
Barracks: permits disciple soldiers.
Library: Permits disciple worshipers.
Disciple Soldier: Basic unit for defending and attacking
Disciple Worshiper: basic unit for providing mana to prayer pools.
(Requires Market, Barracks, and Library)
Storehouse>Armory: choose Good/Evil. Damage vs. Armor.
Storehouse>Church: choose Good/Evil. Precision vs. AOE
Storehouse>Trade Center: choose Good/Evil. Money vs. Influence. permits Disciple Traders.
Disciple Trader: Travels from your Trade center to an adjacent town's market and slowly buys the town (influence).

Militant Tech Tree
(Requires Armory)
Gallery: Permits Disciple Archers (good) or Disciple Musketeer (evil)
(requires Gallery)
Guard Tower: Defensive tower, Requires unit garrisoned.
Walls/Gate: Defensive fortification.
(requires Gallery, Metal Resource)
Archer Disciple: Fast moving, Fast Reload, ranged unit.
Musketeer Disciple: powerful, slow reload, ranged unit.
Armory>Fortress(evil)/Castle(good)
(requires Fortress/Castle, Metal Resource)
Artillery Workshop: provides Catapults.
Catapult: Very long range, Slow reload.
*Requires more buildings and units*

Religion Tech Tree
(requires Church)
Idol Workshop: Permits idols and Stands.
Prayer Pool: Stores mana generated by Worship Disciples. Casts miracles. Large Mana Pool. Limit one.
Astral Observatory: research miracles.
Idol: Resists or eases gods ability to convert a village.
Stand: Holds rare items for use.
(Requires Astral Observatory, Prayer Pool)
Church>Cathedral
(requires Cathedral)
Creature Cage: Freezes a creature solid, Requires constant mana
Creature Bed: Heals creature, Requires constant mana
Prayer Pylon: Small mana pool, Casts Spells.
*Requires more Building and units*

Economic Tech Tree
(trade Center Required)
Company: Shops that generate cash over time, as well as from heroes who purchase items. Shop type is randomly generated (Potion, fountain, Weapons, Armor, Mask, Jewelry, etc)
Embassy: Permits Disciple Politician.
Disciple Politician: No attacks, but can bribe and stall enemy forces.
(requires Company x2, Embassy)
Trade Center>Vault
(requires Vault)
Alchemists Laboratory: A place for mixing items and weapons together. Use able by anyone.
*Requires more buildings and units*

Kay, that's about all info at the moment. If you have any suggestions for buildings, or for gameplay, or for a funny name for one of the stores, go ahead and post.

Edit: Oh yeah, i should mention progress... I've gotten the place mapped out and looking pretty, Including a coast, desert, forest, and swamp. Just figuring out the models for each building and unit while making the buildings themselves.

FhelZone

Have a drink of a nice cold mellowberry juice!
Reaction score
Wow, someone actually made a plan out of this in warcraft. I really enjoyed playing BnW 2 and I like the magics that you can gain, especially the lightning which shocks the ground :D Well good luck on this project.

Dinowc

don't expect anything, prepare for everything
Reaction score
I'm a big fan of B&W <3

I always liked tossing poisonous mushrooms into village food stores to spread some illness :D (you should make it possible too)

are the villagers played by AI? cause they should

good luck on this :thup: and +rep

Linkoln

Reaction score
Yeah i was playing with alot of ideas like those. Being able to pick up objects and people, and villagers with ai.

I have a plan for my swamp area to grow mushrooms, although i don't think i'll have the gods be able to pick up things just because its gonna be difficult to control. Creatures could pick up, if i can make the trigger for it.

I was thinking about the villagers being a mix of ai and commands. Having them repeat commands (like harvest and gather food or resources) but not do things like automatically garrisoning buildings. I was considering making village centers so that when a villager had nothing to do, he would just hang around there, so you could always find them. (kind of wish they had a sit animation though, lol) Although the village center wouldn't control how many villagers went to worship, You would have to do that manually.

Edit: after the vault/castle/cathedral you will have to find BluePrints around the world to get new buildings, like shipyards, Aviarys, and stables.

Linkoln

Reaction score
Your right, there aren't any alternate versions to any games on wc3... your a smart guy...

I actually wanted to make this because of a different version, however it was straight up militant and there was no variation.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +2
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New recipe is another summer dessert Berry and Peach Cheesecake - https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-berry-and-peach-cheesecake.194169/

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.