Blink

Guest3z

Reaction score
So i'm trying to make a blink spell for reign of chaos using there original spells so I don't have to import and what not. I've based the spell off of a dummy blizzard spell and I have a single trigger that tests it.
Code:
BlinkGUI
    Events
        Unit - A unit Finishes casting an ability
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to Blink    
    Actions
        If ((Level of Blink for (Casting unit)) Equal to 1) then do (Set BlinkDistance = 800.00) else do (If ((Level of Blink for (Casting unit)) Equal to 2) then do (Set BlinkDistance = 1000.00) else do (If...
        Set Temp_PointArray[1] = (Position of (Casting unit))
        Set Temp_PointArray[2] = (Target point of ability being cast)
        Set Temp_PointArray[3] = (Temp_PointArray[1] offset by BlinkDistance towards (Angle from Temp_PointArray[1] to Temp_PointArray[2]) degrees)
        If ((Distance between Temp_PointArray[1] and Temp_PointArray[2]) Greater than BlinkDistance) then do (Unit - Move (Casting unit) instantly to Temp_PointArray[3]) else do (Unit - Move (Casting unit) instantly to Temp_PointArray[2])
        Custom script:   call RemoveLocation( udg_Temp_PointArray[1] )
        Custom script:   call RemoveLocation( udg_Temp_PointArray[2] )
        Custom script:   call RemoveLocation( udg_Temp_PointArray[3] )
The problem is when I test it out If I blink within the levels range it moves to Temp_PointArray[3] or randomly seems to move towards 315 degrees I just don't see where I messed up. Also I tried to change the event to a unit start the effect of an ability and for some reason it worked perfectly except for the fact that the spell never finished casting and never used mana so it had no cooldown. Any help this is really annoying :/.

Knocksious

Sweet, I got 2 little green bars!
Reaction score
try "begins casting"
or do the "starts effect" and manually subtract the mana, and order the stopping of the ability

as a last-ditch resort, put a wait .05 secs in there before you move the caster

Guest3z

Reaction score
Ok I made a test where it puts a floating 1 over point 1 2 over point 2 and 3 over 3. Every time i cast It put 2 in the middle of the map... :confused: How did that happen? :nuts: 1 and 3 seem to be fine though...

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
AHHH! Never use Casting Unit! Casting Unit is evil! Always use Triggering Unit.

Guest3z

Reaction score
I don't think casting unit is the problem since point 1 and 3 seem to be fine. here are some screenshots

Like i said before those are the points and thats where I cast the spell... no matter how far from the middle I am it always puts 2 in middle. Im testing with a level one blink so 3 moves 800 from 1 to 3.

B

boiboi1991

Actually,you can try using the Wait for around some seconds.It cannot be casted and transfered to somwhere instantly where this will mess the things up.

Guest3z

Reaction score
Ya i've switched the event to unit starts the effect of an ability and it seems to work now, except it still never gets off the cooldown. I guess i'll try and make one later thanks for the help though guys ;)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.