Weird Boy saves sister from moose attack with skills Learned in World of Warcraft

enouwee

Non ex transverso sed deorsum
Reaction score
Hans Jørgen Olsen and his sister got into a spot of trouble when they encroached on the territory of one of these antlered cold weather staples (otherwise known as a moose). When the beast went on the offensive, Hans knew the first thing he had to do was taunt it so that it would leave his sister alone and she could run to safety.

Last edited by a moderator:
Step 1: Taunt
Step 2: Get large stick
Step 3: Press 1

This is pretty cool, I would of.....big stick?

I read the comments on that page. Some of those people are idiots. The idea is not that kids should be protected, its that a kid learned some life skills from a thing that is considered to waste a life away. I wish I could meet that senator that says games are bad and tell him to read this story, then give him a big, "HAHA FUCK YOU!"

>undeadorcjerk
however it's really an exception that you can use those skills xD

However he did it pretty well :)

It isn't really common sense. Common sense isn't to put yourself in danger to save someone else. Even if that person is close to you. You might like to tell yourself it is, but it isn't.

Secondly I would have never thought that playing dead would make a moose lose interest. I've heard it was true with bears but moose are an entirely different species.

Secondly I would have never thought that playing dead would make a moose lose interest. I've heard it was true with bears but moose are an entirely different species.

Short attention spans and quick loss of interest is why that happens. Its true for alot of animals.

Games (and anything else) can be good and bad depending on who uses them. In this case the boy was learning from anything he could, even WoW.

Now it isn't common sense really to taunt someone, as ArmedCitizen said. Also, I (maybe most of us) wouldn't know what to do when you're face to face with a moose after your sister at the age of 12. I personally wouldn't want to find out if playing dead works either.

Props to the kid :D

Games (and anything else) can be good and bad depending on who uses them. In this case the boy was learning from anything he could, even WoW.

Now it isn't common sense really to taunt someone, as ArmedCitizen said. Also, I (maybe most of us) wouldn't know what to do when you're face to face with a moose after your sister at the age of 12. I personally wouldn't want to find out if playing dead works either.

Props to the kid :D

If you find something scary you scream, thats taunting right?

The purpose is very different, and I know I wouldn't scream. I would probably stop and think, grave an object, and hit it :p while running. My sister is a bit heavy to carry while being chased by a moose.

i think that was really nice putting his sister inhead of himself
real friendship

Taunt, kite it away, then feign death? Aggro should be back to the little sister. Clearly bugged!

Hans Jørgen Olsen and his sister got into a spot of trouble when they encroached on the territory of one of these antlered cold weather staples (otherwise known as a moose). When the beast went on the offensive, Hans knew the first thing he had to do was summon an infernal.

I expected so much more from this. :p

Hans Jørgen Olsen has defeated wild moose
Hans Jørgen Olsen has gained 10 exp
Hans Jørgen Olsen has picked up moose raw meat

Quests
[del]Beat Giant Moose[/del]
[del]Annoy sister[/del]
Get A Life

In most cases, this isn't true. Had the moose been truly interested or enraged, it would not have stopped when you play dead. It would not have turned to the boy, but would have continued charging down his sister. They were exceptionally lucky, and, to be completely honest, it's idiotic to assume he learned real-life skills from the game.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    News portal has been retired. Main page of site goes to Headline News forum now
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am working on getting access to the old news portal under a different URL for those that would rather use that for news before we get a different news view.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Easily done
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    https://www.thehelper.net/pages/news/ is a link to the old news portal - i will integrate it into the interface somewhere when i figure it out
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Need to try something
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Hopefully this won't cause problems.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Hmm
  • Ghan Ghan:
    I have converted the Headline News forum to an Article type forum. It will now show the top 20 threads with more detail of each thread.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    See how we like that.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do not see a way to go past the 1st page of posts on the forum though
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is OK though for the main page to open up on the forum in the view it was before. As long as the portal has its own URL so it can be viewed that way I do want to try it as a regular forum view for a while
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Yeah I'm not sure what the deal is with the pagination.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    It SHOULD be there so I think it might just be an artifact of having an older style.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    I switched it to a "Standard" article forum. This will show the thread list like normal, but the threads themselves will have the first post set up above the rest of the "comments"
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I don't really get that article forum but I think it is because I have never really seen it used on a multi post thread
  • Ghan Ghan:
    RpNation makes more use of it right now as an example: https://www.rpnation.com/news/
  • The Helper The Helper:
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What do you think Tom?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    I will have to get used to this.
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    The latest news feed looks good
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I would like to see it again like Ghan had it the first time with pagination though - without the pagination that view will not work but with pagination it just might...
  • The Helper The Helper:
    This drink recipe I have had more than a few times back in the day! Mind Eraser https://www.thehelper.net/threads/cocktail-mind-eraser.194720/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.