US News Boy's Poodle 'Fried to Death' at Ohio Dog Groomer

Whisky

Reaction score
People care too much, and that's the problem. If nobody wouldn't care, world would be a better place.

When I realized that it's true I stopped caring. Now I'm just trolling around.

Sad things are the values we believe in. They are so bizarre, just like dogs.

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
Some people consider their dog to be a part of their family. I know I consider mine to be.

I'm not exactly sure how I would feel in their situation, but I know I would be very sad and angry. Jail is probably not the best course of action, it was an accident, but there should be some very serious repercussions.

While I think it's fair for a person to be 'compensated' for the loss of a dog (they're not cheap), I don't feel it's right for the person to simply lose their job (which they weren't doing correctly for the first place), and pay for what they 'broke'. An animal is more than just a possession.

However, I believe the law (where I live) states that animals are possessions, and that compensation is the only thing the owners are entitled to.

Whisky

Reaction score
Laws are made so mankind could survive, and that's so wrong.

It's good and natural that a specie tries to ensure its existence but there are limits for everything. Or should be.

Think about it: We are killing hundreds of other species just to make sure that we are here as long as possible. And those we aren't killing, we are making a sick picture of ourself, just like dogs.

And that's only so a human could satisfy their own selfish feelings; to see that someone really needs you, someone to always be happy when seeing you. To feel that yóu really have a meaning in this world and to notice that someone couldn't survive without you.

They say that dog is a man's best friend. But is that really a friendship? Do you think your dog really gives a damn about you? It just wants food and water, a little love. It doesn't care where that all comes from. It just wants to survive.

Just like human.

Weegee

Go Weegee!
Reaction score

It's good and natural that a specie tries to ensure its existence but there are limits for everything. Or should be.

Think about it: We are killing hundreds of other species just to make sure that we are here as long as possible. And those we aren't killing, we are making a sick picture of ourself, just like dogs.

And that's only so a human could satisfy their own selfish feelings; to see that someone really needs you, someone to always be happy when seeing you. To feel that yóu really have a meaning in this world and to notice that someone couldn't survive without you.

They say that dog is a man's best friend. But is that really a friendship? Do you think your dog really gives a damn about you? It just wants food and water, a little love. It doesn't care where that all comes from. It just wants to survive.

Just like human.

And you know how? :mad:

Some dogs love you. Some dogs show so much affection they would die for you. And some dogs don't care at all. You can't just say a dog doesn't give a rats ass about you if you don't know the dog. Yes we are killing hundreds of other species. And there are too many fags and idiots that only care about money to do anything about it. So we should do our best in caring for all animals, whether its a dog or and endangered species.

I can safely say you are one of those people who dont care :(

Ghostwind

o________o
Reaction score
A dog. Ok.

It a living, breathing creature that feels pain. And because this guy couldn't wait 10 minutes, It was slowly cooked to death. That is NOT OK.

If you want to rage at people killing animals, go join PETA and rage at the meat industry. This stuff is just daily business for them, and they're doing it to make money. Lobsters get boiled alive so that they can taste better and sell for more. Chickens get caged up so they can't move and get fatter/tenderer and can sell for more. The list goes on. The problem is that nobody really gives a shit so there really is no point in getting worked up about it.

Oh, and I hate to break it to you people, but it's more than likely that dogs don't have "feelings". If they do, it's a very primitive psychological phenomenon, and you really couldn't compare it to human emotions.

I'm one of those people who doesn't care because I prioritize people over animals, and myself over people. Whoop-de-fucking-do, I'm selfish. But at least I'm honest. I just don't think it's worth taking action against something where my losses will inevitably outweigh the gains (if there are any gains at all other than some concept of self-satisfaction which I'm almost certain I won't get), and thus I stick to my own business and/or other, more important issues.

No no no no no. Shakes head. What the hell are you talking about? Laws are made to make people feel safe. Laws exist so that people can think that someone who knows what they're doing is in control. Laws allow people to be lazy... not saying that's necessarily a bad thing, but it can come back to bite you in the ass.

Before humanity had laws, back in the cave man stone age dark ages whatever, you could put a group of people on a desert island and they would do what they had to do to survive, and that would work out fine, because everyone was living alone on desert islands anyways (or the wilderness, whatever). Nowadays, they would most likely be unable to sustain themselves and everyone would, eventually, die without the comforts that society had to offer them. This is because over generations if people get used to living in "easy mode", when they are left out on their own, most people are completely incapable of adjusting because they don't know what the hell to resort to. They would try to recreate society without knowing that it is impossible to do so without doing it in many stages that they do not understand and are most likely incapable of doing as well due to lack of experience.

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score

Actually, laws are made to try to keep peace. You enforce the laws so that one man's rights do not infringe upon another's, and so that people can exercise their freedoms without worry.

What are you talking about?? Sure, we're killing animals. Most for food. There's absolutely nothing wrong with killing <animals> for food. However, senseless killing is wasteful, and does not benefit anyone.

Just like human.

So you're saying that because humans are also "selfish", that we don't deserve protection from laws?

Also, where do you draw the line between selfishness and selflessness? Is anything ever done selflessly? Does a person who donates to the poor do it for no other reason than to help the poor? No. He gets a little bit of pride and happiness out of helping someone else.

Honestly, my dog loves me. She runs up to the door when she knows I am home, runs to grab her toy bone to play with me, gives me kisses.

I would be devastated if anything happened to her.

ReVolver

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Like I said this victim was a dog, not a human the worst thing this guy can get is either getting fired or sued or both. Unless someone purposely proofs that he killed the dog he might face jail time. Even is you consider the dog "family" he can't get trialed for "Man"slaughter :rolleyes:

Whisky

Reaction score
Please read my whole posts before posting your own ^^

The thing is that dogs shouldn't exist. They are a mutation, made by human and couldn't survive without us. I never said they couldn't love you, but they love you only because they need to. Human made it so.

Having a dog could be compared to slavery. But unlike a slave, dog doesn't even have a hope of being freed. Don't you think that it would be a lot happier somewhere with its kind and able to take care of itself?

But no, human ensured that it would never be able to take care of itself, for the reasons I stated in my post before.

And about the laws: Do you see any other specie having laws? Oh yeah, human is smarter than any other specie, I do agree with that. But think about those weaklings, who couldn't survive with out other's help. They are supposed to die away.

This may sound cruel, but that's how it has always been. The jungle's laws are the only things that keep this world balanced and by breaking those laws and playing god humankind has doomed itself and this whole world.
I have absolutely nothing against our exstinction but it is so wrong that we take down with us many of those other species whose only crime is to live there at the same time with ah so great and mighty mankind.

As if it wouldn't be enough that we have already caused extinction of almost 200 species.

And yes Weege, you are right, I don't give a sh*t about anything anymore. I already told that.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.