Buff for exceeding max HP using Drain Life?

B

Banli

Where's the buff that's put on units when they get over their max hp using drain life? I want to edit mine but I can't find it. Thanks!

darkRae

Ueki Fan (Ueki is watching you)
Reaction score
I don't think Units can exceed Max HP by using Life Drain.
They can exceed Max Mana by using Siphon Mana, but probably not with Life Drain.

EDIT:
Really?
Shoot. Never knew that.

B

Banli

They can, you just have to set the boolean in advanced -> gameplay constants.

FhelZone

Have a drink of a nice cold mellowberry juice!
Reaction score
Wow, there is a lot of fields with the drain life, which one?

FhelZone

Have a drink of a nice cold mellowberry juice!
Reaction score
Oh, I don't know too.
It would be really useful though.

B

Banli

Listen to me: Don't tell me how this doesn't work because my map has it and it DOES work. I KNOW IT WORKS. All I want to know is where the buff is that is displayed when a unit goes above its maximum hp.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
is there a buff like that?
you could make a spell with a custom buff. And make a dummy cast it on a unit with [Current HP > Max HP]

B

Banli

Yea. When a unit goes over its max via drain life it automatically gives that unit a buff that says it's over its max, but I can't find where that buff actually is in the object editor.

Reaction score
The buff is unlisted.

What you need to do is make a custom buff, edit the picture, text, art, to whatever you want.

Then with this custom buff, goto the ability and goto the buff field and replace the Drain Life buff in the list.

To all the others, drain life and siphon mana CAN exceed the heroes max hp/mp
ie it will appear in the HUD as 600/550 hp and 300/200 mp for example.

To do this, goto gameplay constants and adjust the fields "gameplay - Drain gives bonus life/mana" and set them to true.

Once you've done this goto the drain ability and set the field "Data - Bonus life/mana factor" and adjust as desired, it should be greater than 0. The field "Data - Bonus life/mana decay" controls how fast this bonus will fade away from the caster. A value of 0 will cause the bonus to be permanent until damaged.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.