buff stack count display?

andgarrett

Reaction score
is there an easy way to show how many stacks of a given buff a unit has? if not, is there a hard way?

-Garrett

Arkless

Reaction score
Well, I don't know how to do it in the data editor, but an easy way (at least I think it's easy) is adding texttags.
For that method:
Create two aditional effects (damage effects with 0 dmg).

Create a trigger wich triggers whenever a unit takes damage from the first damage effect you created.
Increase a custom value of that unit for every time this trigger runs.
Display the value of the custom value via a texttag.

Create another trigger wich triggers whenever a unit takes damage from the second damage effect.
Decrease the custom value.
Display the value/remove the texttag if it's 0.

This method only works on a small amount of buffs or your display is flooded with texttags.
(it's not a good method, but should somehow work)

andgarrett

Reaction score
Well, I don't know how to do it in the data editor, but an easy way (at least I think it's easy) is adding texttags.
For that method:
Create two aditional effects (damage effects with 0 dmg).

Create a trigger wich triggers whenever a unit takes damage from the first damage effect you created.
Increase a custom value of that unit for every time this trigger runs.
Display the value of the custom value via a texttag.

Create another trigger wich triggers whenever a unit takes damage from the second damage effect.
Decrease the custom value.
Display the value/remove the texttag if it's 0.

This method only works on a small amount of buffs or your display is flooded with texttags.
(it's not a good method, but should somehow work)

Is it possible to create text tags that overlap the UI? I want to display the number of stacks over the buff.

Arkless

Reaction score
You can create a trigger wich triggers when a player clicks a unit. Displaying the buff values via dialogs is possible (no background and plain text for example). But I don't know in wich order they are displayed. Would be easy to find out the stack amount for the buffs as well.

andgarrett

Reaction score
awesome! That solves most of the problem. now I need to know how to make sure the behavior is always on top of the list of buffs. I have multiple buffs that can effect units, and it seems that the first one to get applied will be the one on the top. is there a way to change this so that the place I need to put the dialog text is always the same?

Arkless

Reaction score
You can find out the buff positions via the "unit behavior" function. You put in the unit and the behavior index and get the gamelink (stringname) of the behavior.
just loop through all the indexes and display the count

for the position... should be a start offset from the bottom - index * something (as y) it's a bit of testing

andgarrett

Reaction score
You can find out the buff positions via the "unit behavior" function. You put in the unit and the behavior index and get the gamelink (stringname) of the behavior.
just loop through all the indexes and display the count

for the position... should be a start offset from the bottom - index * something (as y) it's a bit of testing

I tried what you suggested, but I couldn't figure it out. could you maybe go into more detail?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.