Call for help range

Aaahn

Reaction score
In Advanced - Gameplay Constants i set the Call for Help range value to 300 on both creeps and regular units, but if i attack a unit, many more units from far over 300 range comes to its aid! What to do to fix this?

voltaicbore

Reaction score
Perhaps the AI automatically comes to defend its units? For example, if you give an Undead computer player 4 Frost Wyrms (each one at a different corner of the map) and you decide to attack one of them, I think the computer will try to defend it. After all, the owner of the unit definitely knows what's going on, no matter where the unit happens to be.

If you just want to reduce the "call for help" for creeps, try editing the Gameplay Constants under 'Creeps' - there are 2 called "Guard Distance" & "Guard Return Distance". Not sure if that would help, though.

nomadian

Reaction score
gameplay constants and creep radius one which is default set to 26, lower that and that should work. Guard distance is basically how far a mob will go after a player before turning back. (It's also very irritating sometimes when mobs behave erratically and it's because I've forgotten about that constant)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.