Camera Farz and "Black Fog" Problem

DeepThought

Reaction score
When I make a camera that is zoomed out very far, in game there is a "black fog" that makes the terrain coved in blackness. I have searched and there are other thread about this, but using their solutions doesn't seem to work for me. From what I can gather, you are supposed to change the maps' fog via a trigger or the map options. However, when I do that it does not work. Am I doing something wrong? The farz for this camera is set to max, but when I view it in the world editor the whole screen is black, until I use the command-mouse scroll thing and it becomes visible again. Is there a limit on how far you can zoom out in game?

Any help would be great.

LurkerAspect

Now officially a Super Lurker
Reaction score
Your problem is a simple one: when the camera zooms out too far, the built-in 'fog' settings obscure the screen.

To solve this, either modify the level's fog (Scenario -> Map Options -> use custom fog, then set it as low as possible) or use this action:
Trigger:
  • Environment - Set fog to style Linear, z-start 100000000.00, z-end 9999999.00, density 0.00 and color (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.