Cant isntall Update

moonrose

Reaction score
hello,
i just reformatted and did a clean installation of Windows vista sp1. i let it do its updates and restart the computer. but when i try to update now, i cant. The update on the list:
Definition Update for Windows Defender - KB915597 (Definition 1.63.812.0)
and the error code is:
Code 80200053
i was able to install other updates, jsut some nvidia drivers, that windows update had listed. so it seems like i can update, but not the windoews defender update.

help please. thanks

moonrose

Reaction score
Thanks, but that didnt help. ive tried some things i found while searching around. but nothing worked. since it was a windows defender update, i opened the program and tried to update from there and it said there were none. it says i have version 1.63.928.0. i just clicked hide update and hope that i can install other updates and that windows will stop being gay.

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
Either that, or just skip the update that's giving you a hard time. It's probably because you already have that version.

Rapmaster

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
It should come down through automatic updates but make sure you install Vista SP2.

moonrose

Reaction score
Yeah, i had to install sp2 manually. other than that the windows update service hasnt found any new updates to install. so i take it i ill be stuck here until i can get this one update, or for some reason windows is just being really gay. after i Reformatted and found out it was doing this, i reformatted again, and did a fresh installation and let it update like before, cept that time i didnt install any other software, But as you can see its still doing it.

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
Try the Customer Support. Email your problems and they'll try to help you in some way. Or go to Microsoft Technical Support Forums. They should help you.

Fun_

Reaction score
Try This.

Try deleting the program completely, or downloading a different software program to prevent hackors/viruses such as Mcafee of Spyware Doctor (not mine). Or, try ctrl+alt+delete and download a different version if necessary. Also, try looking at a Windows Firewall, etc. :)

moonrose

Reaction score
well, i just reformatted a third time and it works now. the only thing i did differnetly is install driver for my mobo from the disk instead of the latest ones from the net.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.