Can't Open Map. (Was: What's WRONG!? badly need help!!!)

junz13

Reaction score
Whenever i try to load my map it says -Level info data missing or invalid WTH is wrong!!! i've worked so hard for this map and now it's all going down the drain T_T:banghead: plz help!!

Vestras

Retired
Reaction score
Whenever i try to load my map it says -Level info data missing or invalid WTH is wrong!!! i've worked so hard for this map and now it's all going down the drain T_T:banghead::banghead: plz help!!

You got any backup of the map? If not, then you're pretty doomed. Either is this, because you saved your map when there was a bug in the WE, or because you used map optimizer or heavy lock on your map with no backup

junz13

Reaction score
Sorry...it's coz i really want to retrieve my map....Nope i don't have any backup of my map...hope someone has the answer!

rodead

Reaction score
restart WE sometimes helps with me and then save it again. but i don't know anything about such a problem never had so big problems with bugs.

junz13

Reaction score
I've Tried restarting it for about 3 times already!! it still doesn't work...T_T

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
If you tested the map recently then you should have a backup in your Maps\Test directory (for example C:\Program Files\Warcraft III\Maps\Test) named WorldEditTestMap.
In that's not the case then the map is gone, no way to retrieve it. Make backups next time.

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
This happened to me too. Try these things:
1.) Look in your Recycle Bin and see if anything is there.
2.) Try searching it with the Search Tool
3.) Look in all your map sections: downloads, frozen thrones, something, test
4.) It could be in a different name or in a different folder that isn't on your computer. Try "My Shared Folders", any network Shared Folders, and any other network file that people can share.

Thats all i can say. If you do find it, what i do is i always save 2 - one as the orignal and the other a copy. ALSO i put it in a network folder that i can trust to not be deleted.. GL

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.