Carrying Over and Leaks

wingdnosring

Reaction score
Anything I work on now can still be editted once the proper release of the game comes around, right? I mean, these files won't be 'beta files' or something stupid like that, will they?

Also, how do you remove memory leaks in the Galaxy Editor?

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
They might, I don't know if we can be sure unless blizz has a Q&A for that. But since they didn't make it anything like ".Sc2betaMap" I think it can be carried over.

And for leaks, most of them are collected and removed when no longer referenced.

JASS:
//--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
// About Types
//--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
//
// -- Complex types and automatic deletion --
// 
// Many native types represent "complex" objects (i.e. larger than 4 bytes).  The script language
// automatically keeps track of these objects and deletes them from memory when they are no longer
// used (that is, when nothing in the script references them any longer).  The types which benefit
// from automatic deletion are:
//
//      abilcmd, bank, camerainfo, marker, order, playergroup, point,
//      region, soundlink, string, text, timer, transmissionsource, unitfilter, unitgroup, unitref,
//      waveinfo, wavetarget
//
// Other object types must be explicitly destroyed with the appropriate native function when you
// are done using them.

wingdnosring

Reaction score
I certainly hope everything carries over. I've only been at it for a handful of hours, but the work I've done will be a royal pain to duplicate at a future date :S.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.