Other Castle Siege

Dridien

Reaction score
Game description
In its core concepts, this game is a melee and AoS game combined. but it features a number of unique systems and ways of doing older systems. i would also like to point out that this game is also heavily based on teamwork.

Basics of How To Play
Two teams of three players and a computer build up an army and defenses for their teams castle and attack the enemies castle along with waves on NPC units and heroes to kill the opposing teams Castle Lord. First team to kill the others lord wins.

Detailed Information
This game features a number of unique or modified systems to enhance game play. this is a short list of them.
Castles
on each end of the map are massive castles. these large structures are heavily defended with corridors, gates, and high walls that must be bypassed in order to get to the other teams building areas and Castle Lords. Each castle also has a number of teleporters to allow easy maneuverability for the defenders. In the back of each castle is a building area for each team to build up their army and unit production buildings. These areas include a goldmine for each player with an endless supply of gold, and unkillable trees to harvest lumber from.

Gates
In the corridors leading to the building area in each castle are two gates. These gates must be destroyed by attackers in order for them to be able to pass. The defenders are able to upgrade and repair these gates throughout the game, but once a gate is destroyed, it cannot be brought back up.

Upgrade System
There are a number of general upgrades that will effect many units that share certain similarities, such as being a caster, melee, or ranged unit, but there are also a number of Training upgrades to raise a number of different stats and even grant new abilities to a specific unit type. For example, if you were to research Scout Apprentice Training, it would add extra mana, health, attack speed, and armor to all Scouts and also grant them the Stealth ability.

Hero System
Heroes in this game aren't really heroes at all. i call them Captains in this game as that describes there role much more accurately. Captains aren't all that much stronger than normal units and each player may only have one. However, each captain has a corresponding unit-type. for example, the Armsman has Footmen, the Ranger has Archers, and the Bishop has Priests. Each captain will give a number of bonuses for their unit counterparts. For example, each captain has an aura which will buff all nearby allies, but is generally most effective for the captains corresponding unit-type. Each of the units Training upgrades is also limited depending on the captain you choose. For example, you can only research Footman Master Training if you chose the Armsman as your captain. there are also many other ways captains effect your units, as such, it is imperative that you talk with your team on which units each of you will focus on and be sure to work together with them on attacking the enemy team.

Random Unit Spawn
throughout the game, neutral hostile creeps will randomly appear in the river at the center of the map and attack both bases. these can be a number of different attacks and can be quite devastating if you are not prepared for them.

Auto-Casting
Almost all unit abilities in this game are auto-castable. Though it is still a good idea to micro your units, this allows those not so good at microing to be able to still be able to compete.

Forest Area
In the forest area, there are a number of creeps. However, this area is not used purely for creeping. There is a number of secrets hidden throughout it. many of which are almost impossible to see. You can also destroy any of the trees in the forest to create your own path. But be warned, you never know what might be lurking in those trees.
Extra Thoughts
I made this map a LONG time ago while i was still rather horrible at triggering. i have since stopped working on it, however, after finding these forums i figured i might post it to see if anyone enjoyed it. if enough people do i was also thinking of re-making it with more interesting units, much less messy and leaky triggers, and better terrain.

Screen Shots
This was done back when i had very little ability to do any terraining... actualy, i still only have little ability, but im atleast a bit better than i was.

credits
Pib_Chaotic for gate trigger,
Sevale for mercenary's and some captains.
Revlare for spell checking,
frozen_fury for help with the Tree of Auras and the idea of random creep attacks.
bluethinder2k for the idea of the multiboard.
ancient_of_days for the idea of colorized text.
Kayromon and DarkDragonKING for ideas for many things,
and all those who helped test and balance the map.

Attachments

• Castle Siege 1.7.w3x
    257.6 KB · Views: 207

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Screenshots would be nice.
Also, what's with the spoiler spam?

Dridien

Reaction score
Ive added screenshots, and i thought it might be too long without the spoilers, if you want ill remove most of them (keeping the one for screenshots)

CaptDeath

Reaction score
every thing below game systems can be put into a spoiler as like Deatiled info
VVVclicky

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +2
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.