Cataclysm races leaked (possibly)

SkeletalVamp

Cool Member
Reaction score
WoW.com has learned through multiple sources close to the situation some details on the next expansion, to be called World of Warcraft: Cataclysm.

The new playable races of Cataclysm.

Our sources have told us that the new races of Cataclysm will be:
Worgen – Alliance
Goblin – Horde

newraces.jpg

http://www.wow.com/2009/08/10/cataclysm-races-leaked/#continued

SkeletalVamp

Cool Member
Reaction score
yeah, the picture was just to show the races, not to proof the rumor.
"WoW.com has learned through multiple sources close to the situation"
was more kinda of the possibly leaked proof.

a quote from the page you linked
"Hopefully Blizzard will react fast enough and add tons of new masks in the next build just to pretend that it was intended"

But yes, ofc it's still just a rumor since blizzard didn't announce it. I just wanted to share it since no one else did

Oninuva

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Worgen: Warrior Rogue Mage Warlock Death Knight Shaman
Goblin: Warrior Rogue Hunter Death Knight

Anyone?

Hacklefellar

Reaction score
lol i quit wow quite some time ago, but now they're adding goblins in the mix, i might start again cuz they have always been my favorite race!! i always wondered why the alliance had the gnomes, but the horde never got the goblins :\ but whats up with these worg things? where did they come from??

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
lol i quit wow quite some time ago, but now they're adding goblins in the mix, i might start again cuz they have always been my favorite race!! i always wondered why the alliance had the gnomes, but the horde never got the goblins :\ but whats up with these worg things? where did they come from??

Worgen have been around (as regards NPC stuff) for a good while - there's the scythe quest chain in Duskwood that deals with them, along with Shadowfang Keep and southern Silverpine and a few other locations.

As regards the (speculated) decision to make them a playable race, it does seem out of the blue. While they do play a reasonable little part in the game, it's quite small (particularly compared to goblins, who get alot of stage time :3)

Rainther

I guess I should write something of value here...
Reaction score
Can't Blizzard just admit that the Allience fail? :p

Horde can have loads of races. Orcs, Trolls, Taurens, Ogres, Goblins and might aswell throw in halfbreeds such as Rexxar. The Forsaken and Blood Elves might aswell join cause Thrall's cool about it.

But the Allience... Humans... Of course... Dwarves... Why not? They're in Warcraft... Night Elves? Why? What does they have in common really? Tyrande wished death upon them from the moment she saw them in Warcraft 3... Gnomes? W00t?... Draenies? Oh, yeah. They joined Allience cause the Blood Elves were bored and destroyed their ships? Right. And now Worgs??
The entire Allience fails according to me. I have enough hard time to know why Night Elves joined in with the Humans.

I may be wrong on some points but that's just what I've picked up from the "Lore". And yes, I love Goblins and it seems offical they'll enter the game. But no matter how much I love the Goblins; they're neutral for god sake. Sure they hang more with the Horde, but they are moslty in for the profit. Arthas used goblins Zeppelins to slaughter the High Elves!
But it'd kick ass if they introduced some Tinker class though...

Viikuna

No Marlo no game.
Reaction score
Gnomes were in wc2, so they work perfectly.

Dranei is what buggs me. They just wanted some cool fantasy Protoss and created them out of nothing. Wc3 Dranei where pretty cool, but then turns out that they were not real dranei afterall.

Well, I dont play wow, so its not my business. But I just have to say that it seems to be going to very wrong direction.

edit. Actually I kinda like worgens. Just dont know how they fit on alliance.

Rainther

Reaction score
Gnomes where is wc2? God bless us all :p

Come to think of it, the creatures in Warcraft 3 wasn't spelled exactly "draenei", though very similiar. :p
And it's funny that the ones in wc3 sounds as Draeneis by name, looked liked Lost ones but ended up being the Broken ;)

Viikuna

No Marlo no game.
Reaction score
Gnomish submarine was one of the coolest units in wc2, aside its Horde counterpart, which was a giant turtle carrying torpedoes in its back.

Fuck this, wc2 had perfect athmosphere and style. Why they had to ruin it in WoW??? :´´(

Rainther

Reaction score
I barely remember Death Knighs. They were awesome! :D

And when you mention it, the submarine thingie does sound familiar...

Wtf happened to the ship fights in Wc3?! :(

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.