Changing Abilities

redcap04

Reaction score
How do I do it so that when a hero meets a certain condition (i.e. kills a boss) one of their abilities gets slightly better like in DotA's Aghanim's Sceptre. I've tried this but it doesn't remove the first skill.

Trigger:
  • Actions
    • Set Temp_Integer = (Level of First_Skill for Hero)
    • Unit - Remove First_Skill from Hero
    • Unit - Add New_Skill to Hero
    • Unit - Set level of New_Skill for Hero to Temp_Integer
    • Set Temp_Integer = 0

Tawnttoo

Reaction score
Wouldn't it work with Engineering Update or what is it called. The Goblin Tinker hero skill which improves the other abilities of the hero. I think you can set the abilities improved by it. Set the First_Skill as the one replaced by New_Skill.

Skippy

Reaction score
I think you can't add or remove hero abilities. Engineering Upgrade should work, but I didn't test it ...

Happy

Reaction score
sure you can remove and add hero skills but the skills who shall be removed have to be added before....so^^

Nenad

~Choco Coronet~ Omnomnom
Reaction score
Why don't you level it up to level 4 or more in the editor then just bump the level up a notch when you kill the boss?

redcap04

Reaction score
Hey thanks for the suggestion Tawnttoo haven't thought of that I thought I had to rely solely on triggers. +rep

W!†A_cRaft

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
However tinker's engeneering upgrade tends to mess up the spell occasionally, DONT know when, i just know it does...

spell description becomes all sorts of random numbers and letters dependant on where the hero stands or what he does they change, weird thing

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
this usually happens when the tooltipps arent set to anything. empty tooltip lines tend to bug the interface.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.