'Channel' Based Spell That Doesn't Interrupt Movement/Orders?

eskimojoe_66

Reaction score
I am creating a fast-paced game mod with a unique cast system that requires the use of spells that do not interrupt movement or any existing orders. Therefore, if the hero has been given a move order and then casts a spell, he will continue to walk without any visible indication that a spell has been cast. This may sound strange, but it is very important.

I know of only two spells which do this: Berserk and Wind Walk, so I was wondering how this effect could be achieved by altering the 'Channel' spell.

Note: i have already tried removing animation names and setting "Follow Through Time" to zero.
:confused::confused::confused::confused:

bOb666777

Stand against the ugly world domination face!
Reaction score
It can be achieved by any no-target spell as long as it doesn't have an animation. Or maybe not with channel?
Hmm

bOb666777

Stand against the ugly world domination face!
Reaction score
Did you even read his post?

Anyways, after a few tests it seems channel pauses your hero or something, no matter what...
Try other spells, if you already used windwalk and berserk, try premade no-targets like warstomp, it should work.

RaiJin

Reaction score
Did you even read his post?

crap, didn't read second line lol, for these kinds of spells i wouldn't use channel if i were you, but then again, why not just use windwalk? u can always remove the stuff

eskimojoe_66

Reaction score
hmmmmm if nothing else works i will try to use windwalk and berserk...

but in Dota there are some items, such as Ring of Basilius and Power Treads, where by using them does not interrupt movement. Can this only be done with item abilities?

WilliamPa

Reaction score
Healing Potion / Penguin Squeak should also work like that, though channel has some options like "unstoppable" or something like that, go try those.
They should be in Data - Options or something like that.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.