Character limit for thread start-post and normal reply

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElderKingpin

Post in the anime section, or die.
Reaction score
Ok so if you have seen my review for
last winter alpha

Its a huge post. (about 14.7k characters)

Is the limit to the first post of the thread (the one that starts the thread) and the one for a normal reply different?

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
It's just a max per post, and that max is 60000.

ElderKingpin

Reaction score
60k? wow, would there by any reason not raise it higher if needed? lets say you were on a forum and you were about to post your opinion on something. And the post count was 10k and your post was about 11.6k and you cant summarize it because it would make it sound off. Would there be any backfire to it being too high?

Do you have to pay to increase it?

(Im asking because another vBulletin forum has this problem.)

Rapmaster

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Has anyone ever come close to a 60,000 character post? You said even your big one is only 14,000.

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
>>And the post count was 10k and your post was about 11.6k and you cant summarize it because it would make it sound off

Finish it in a second post. No one is ever gonna have an opinion of more than 60k charcaters.

ElderKingpin

Reaction score
but finishing it in a second post is like double posting

and do you have to pay to increase it?

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Yea but it's not like there aren't exceptions to that rule

And why would you have to pay for it, you're already paying for vBulletin.

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
I think I'd likely be more upset that I had to sit here on my ass and spend 20 minutes of my life that I'm not getting back to read all of it.

Even if it was important. 20 minutes is 20 minutes. There's no price on time!

:)

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
Has anyone ever come close to a 60,000 character post? You said even your big one is only 14,000.

For a Roleplay's introductory post, I have. But that was mainly because it had so many long character sheets, and locations. It was like 62,000 words or something and I had to split the posts into like 3 sections.
I have done it many times before too.

Anyway its fine the way it is. A second post because your first is too long is acceptable I believe.

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
For a Roleplay's introductory post, I have. But that was mainly because it had so many long character sheets, and locations. It was like 62,000 words or something and I had to split the posts into like 3 sections.

Anyway its fine the way it is. A second post because your first is too long is acceptable I believe.

It is.

Having 60 000 characters in one post means that you are doing something wrong though.

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score

You know that 50,000 is the size of an average novel? ^___^"

So, what you're saying is that you spent many hours (it took me several days to write 30,000) writing your RPG post. That's crazy. :p

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
Characters, Ninva, not words. :p

Indeed, (typo my bad) but even then its still a lot.

Anyway, because this is going off topic and I don't think anyone is for this at all. Thread is closed.

If you do go beyond the limit, continue it in second post. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.