Checking if Player has Unit in Region?

Aaronx

Reaction score
Wow, it's good to be back. I started making this map back in '05, continued on and off in early '06, then quit, started up again briefly late '09, now here I am in '10 working again. :p

Anyway, I have a few questions:

First, I have an allied city, and they have a transport ship that will have a schedule ( once you activate it, through a quest ) going back and forth between two different locations. I'm sure I can figure out most of the triggers, but the one part I'm stuck on is, how do you have it check if you have a hero in the region while it's waiting? So if you get there right before it leaves, it still picks you up. This brings me to number

Two. I know I don't need the ship to actually pick up the different Heroes, so how should I go about making them disappear and appear at the other region?

I have a couple more questions, but I can't think of them at the moment.

Thanks in advance!!

Use the event Unit Enters Region for when the hero enters the region and use a condition to check if the boat is at the dock when the hero arrives.

For moving the hero's, you would just move them to a region on the map and change their owner so the player can't see the part of the map. Then move them back when the ship arrives. You would need to use something to keep track of which hero belongs to which player if there's more than one player, for example, setting their custom values to the player number. Also, you might want them to have a way to see the boat while it's transporting their hero.

How should I have it remember whose hero is who? I'm sure it's with Variables, but how exactly? It has to give anybody that takes the ship there hero back, move it to the other side, and unlock the camera for them.

Each unit has an individual custom value they can be assigned through triggers. As long as each player only has one hero, you could assign custom values based on the player number, and use that when you need to return them to their owner.

That sounds pretty damn handy, I could see this being used alot of places.

EDIT: I'm not seeing a 'Assign Player Index' or anything like that, where would it be?

Heres my Trigger:

Code:
Transport Ship
    Events
        Unit - A unit enters Ikani Transport Ship <gen>
    Conditions
        Or - Any (Conditions) are true
            Conditions
                ((Entering unit) is A Hero) Equal to True
                (Unit-type of (Entering unit)) Equal to Worker
    Actions
        If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            If - Conditions
                (Ikani Dock <gen> contains Ikanian Transport Ship 0568 <gen>) Equal to True
            Then - Actions
                Wait 0.10 seconds
                Set OwnerofHeroShip = (Owner of (Entering unit))
                Game - Display to (Player group((Owner of (Entering unit)))) for 7.00 seconds the text: |cff2635aaYou've bo...
                Unit - Change ownership of (Entering unit) to Neutral Passive and Retain color
                Unit - Move (Entering unit) instantly to (Random point in Transport Warp <gen>)
                Camera - Lock camera target for (Owner of (Entering unit)) to Ikanian Transport Ship 0568 <gen>, offset by (0.00, 0.00) using Default rotation
            Else - Actions
                Wait 0.20 seconds
                Game - Display to (Player group((Owner of (Entering unit)))) for 6.00 seconds the text: |cff2635aaThe Trans...

At least thats the first one, haven't started on the other one yet, need to know where to find player index.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    News portal has been retired. Main page of site goes to Headline News forum now
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am working on getting access to the old news portal under a different URL for those that would rather use that for news before we get a different news view.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Easily done
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    https://www.thehelper.net/pages/news/ is a link to the old news portal - i will integrate it into the interface somewhere when i figure it out
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Need to try something
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Hopefully this won't cause problems.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Hmm
  • Ghan Ghan:
    I have converted the Headline News forum to an Article type forum. It will now show the top 20 threads with more detail of each thread.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    See how we like that.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do not see a way to go past the 1st page of posts on the forum though
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is OK though for the main page to open up on the forum in the view it was before. As long as the portal has its own URL so it can be viewed that way I do want to try it as a regular forum view for a while
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Yeah I'm not sure what the deal is with the pagination.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    It SHOULD be there so I think it might just be an artifact of having an older style.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    I switched it to a "Standard" article forum. This will show the thread list like normal, but the threads themselves will have the first post set up above the rest of the "comments"
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I don't really get that article forum but I think it is because I have never really seen it used on a multi post thread
  • Ghan Ghan:
    RpNation makes more use of it right now as an example: https://www.rpnation.com/news/
  • The Helper The Helper:
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What do you think Tom?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    I will have to get used to this.
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    The latest news feed looks good

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.