Choosing only one unit from unitgroup?(trigger)

Elmekior

Reaction score
I made this leaderboard that is influenced by the fact that a human computer controlled unit is witness to a crime (killing) then you loose 1 point.

I have made this trigger where 1 random unit is picked from unit group in range 2400 of dying unit.

Then I check if the pick unit is human etc then substract 1 from leaderboard.

The problem comes from that: Even if there are like 5 unit really witness, it only picks a random unit, and sometimes the randomisation picks no one. So the leaderboard does not change.

If I change the trigger to pick units in range of.... etc. Then it counts all pick units and influences the leaderboard like crazy, and if there are five witness you loose 5 points. I want it to loose only 1 point.

Can you show me how to do this so it works.

Here is a text copy of the trigger.

PolicePatrol Copy
Events
Unit - A unit Dies
Conditions
((Owner of (Dying unit)) Equal to Neutral Passive) and ((Race of (Dying unit)) Equal to Human)
Actions
Set L43 = (Position of (Dying unit))
Set UnitGroup16 = (Random 1 units from (Units within 2400.00 of L43 matching (((Owner of (Matching unit)) controller) Not equal to User)))
Unit Group - Pick every unit in UnitGroup16 and do (Actions)
Loop - Actions
If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
If - Conditions
(Race of (Picked unit)) Equal to Human
Then - Actions
If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
If - Conditions
(Race of (Killing unit)) Equal to Human
Then - Actions
Game - Display to (All players matching (((Owner of (Killing unit)) controller) Equal to User)) the text: |cffFF0080Criminal ...
Set Infraction = (Infraction - 1)
Leaderboard - Change the value for (Owner of (Killing unit)) in LawAndOrder to (10 + Infraction)
Set LeaderScore3 = (Real((10 + Infraction)))

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
Does your problem reach all of the condition requirements? Also, I think you might want to destroy the group afterwards to prevent leaks:
Code:
Custom Script:      call DestroyGroup( udg_UnitGroup16 )

I hope this helps! :p

ertaboy356b

Old School Gamer
Reaction score
Does your problem reach all of the condition requirements? Also, I think you might want to destroy the group afterwards to prevent leaks:
Code:

Custom Script: call RemoveLocation( udg_UnitGroup16 )

I hope this helps!

I think it was supposed to be

Custom Script: call DestroyGroup( udg_UnitGroup16 )

Or am I just wrong...

Anyway, out topic, how can you make a code??? Quite to noob, but I;ve never used it before....

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
I think it was supposed to be

Custom Script: call DestroyGroup( udg_UnitGroup16 )

Or am I just wrong...

Anyway, out topic, how can you make a code??? Quite to noob, but I;ve never used it before....

MAN!! :mad:

I keep making that mistake! I did that two times already! :cool:

Thanx...

To make code tags, look up on the reply bar and click the "#" icon to wrap code tags around your texts... Or are you talking about somethin else such as triggers?

Post #2 EDITED! :D

Elmekior

Reaction score
Thanks guys for your concern about trigger leaks (smile), but you are out of the subject.

That was part of a long series of actions trigger and removed my call DestroyGroup script for the purpose of this post. Thanks anyway!

Doom-Angel

Jass User (Just started using NewGen)
Reaction score
well first u should try to pick all of them in one group and then use another group to contain 5:
Code:
Unit Group - Add (Random unit from UnitGroup16) to UnitGroup17
just do it 5 times and u have 5 random people even thought i didn't get much what u were trying to do....
or try to detect them with "A unit comes with range" event (that's for case i got it wrong in the 1st)

Elmekior

Reaction score
Problem solved. First the condition was counting the dying unit has witness. Then I used bolean=false, bolean= true if condition where met to change leaderboard.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.