Cinematic Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kazuga

Let the game begin...
Reaction score
good ending Kazuga, but what was with the zombie?? "Coolest looking dude"? lol ok nvm don't answer that :p

also noticed lotta typos and why did every time maria spoke it was always highlighting lisa...was really confusing ... lol

>but what was with the zombie?? "Coolest looking dude"?
I just love irony that's all ^^.
>also noticed lotta typos
?
>why did every time maria spoke it was always highlighting lisa...was really confusing
Ye I will have to fix that^^, was just that I was to lazy at that time so I just copied what Lisa said and changed it^^.

Kazuga

Let the game begin...
Reaction score
ok some typos...

...lazy guy :p

What's typos? :rolleyes:
And I fixed the "lightning" thing or what you now calld it, you will now see who says what :p.

Edit: >hoter = hotter
Fixed :p.

Edit:mastah I picked "run" and I amost laughed myself to deat :D, real nice I think yours will be top 3:p. Just one thing, when (atleast when you pick run) the blademaster kills doggle and jeff and the bloodelf comes up the blademaster stands right next to him, shoudn't he stand behind him? Anyway good job! :p

mastah_

Reaction score
What's typos? :rolleyes:
And I fixed the "lightning" thing or what you now calld it, you will now see who says what :p.

cool

hoter = hotter (as example ... just check over your chats)

Btw: my cinamatic is totally complete ( on my first post) no more editting ... so feel free to look at it :)

Reaction score
tempwipwhatever413.png

That's a screenshot from my soon finished first scene.

Knight7770

Hippopotomonstrosesquiped aliophobia
Reaction score
Woah. That's really detailed. Are you sure it's going to be under 5 mintues? :p

Knight7770

Reaction score
I've updated my cinematic (again). Tell me what you think of the option that I give you. Enjoy :D

xfirenzx

Reaction score
I liked how you could choose between two different races. Now someone can have their favourite race takeover dalaran.

Btw there is a spelling mistake when the ambassador comes and it says "he is free to tour dalaran and and has gained trust of all the survivers". Should be survivors.

Knight7770

Reaction score
I liked how you could choose between two different races. Now someone can have their favourite race takeover dalaran.
Thanks :D I'm planning on adding either demons or sound effects next.

Btw there is a spelling mistake when the ambassador comes and it says "he is free to tour dalaran and and has gained trust of all the survivers". Should be survivors.
Thanks; I fixed it.

Kazuga

Let the game begin...
Reaction score
Heh, after that I had the possibility to decide what should happen both you knight7770 and mastah had it in your maps to^^. But knight 7770 you still need to set longer time on the text, I'm almost allwas half way through when it changes... Good job though:rolleyes:.

Edit: Just an edit, I just thought of that there is survivors from dalaran, there is only ruins left but in the world of warcraft story there still is survivors left and that's more than 10 years later.

mastah_

Reaction score
Heh, after that I had the possibility to decide what should happen both you knight7770 and mastah had it in your maps to^^. But knight 7770 you still need to set longer time on the text, I'm almost allwas half way through when it changes... Good job though.

Edit: Just an edit, I just thought of that there is survivors from dalaran, there is only ruins left but in the world of warcraft story there still is survivors left and that's more than 10 years later.

/agree ... text too fast and at the start there was no need for a moving camera without any text you coulda lenghthend the text just before or added another thing ... like kazuga said ... good job :)

also 1) whats with the other things on map (zombies which never have a scene or actions) and i thought there was still a long wait of nothing (when the priest runs for jaina)

btw kazuga hope you didn't mind about the dialog thing ...got a lil stuck i originally wanted to do it but couldn't figure out what the box was called :)P stupid i know ) so i never got it working so i abandoned it but then i relised you'd done it so i checked how you 'd done it ...hope you don't mind :p

Knight7770

Reaction score
I updated my map in a few respects (but it's still not done):

1) No awkward pause while the priest goes to fetch the leader
2) New loading screen
3) The text is colored so you know which unit is talking
4) Fixed cameras
5) Added fire (cinematic doodad)
6) Changed name from v1.9 to v2
7) Some other minor alterations

Enjoy!

Knight7770

Reaction score
Another update to my map. I added a pause/play feature, but it won't unpause. If you can figure out why, PLEASE let me know :D

P.S.You'll probably have to wait until 3/12/08. That's when Uberplayer would have to submit his map :p

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
Due to unavoidable circumstances, the Cinematic Contest is hereby put on hold.
As you may know, Rheias has departed, leaving this contest unattended. Until another host can be found, this will be on hold. If one cannot be found in a timely manner, it will be closed.

Sorry guys. Don't give up, though. ;)

Kazuga

Let the game begin...
Reaction score
I'm currently doing the same thing as knight7770, putting in play/pause triggers in my cinematic. But for some reason the trigger doesn't run when it shout, in fact, it doesn't run at all...
Pause
Events
Player - Player 1 (Red) skips a cinematic sequence
Conditions
Paused Equal to False
Actions
Set Paused = True
Start
Events
Player - Player 1 (Red) skips a cinematic sequence
Conditions
Paused Equal to True
Actions
Set Paused = False
And then between every text:
Code:
If (Paused Equal to True) then do (Wait until (Paused Equal to False), checking every 1.00 seconds) else do (Do nothing)
This should work or am I totally out running a bike?

Kazuga

Let the game begin...
Reaction score
btw kazuga hope you didn't mind about the dialog thing ...got a lil stuck i originally wanted to do it but couldn't figure out what the box was called :)P stupid i know ) so i never got it working so i abandoned it but then i relised you'd done it so i checked how you 'd done it ...hope you don't mind :p

Hehe not at all mate, I'm just glad I could help (even though it was my map that did and not me but anyway:p) Also I'm thinking of making the same thing as knight7770 is currently working on, making you able to pause and play the cinematic :rolleyes:. Still not working with the event for some reason though..

Reaction score
I can no way make this cinematic look pretty, because 5 minutes is a short time. Don't blame me that this looks fast going and a bit retarted x).

sceneselection454.png

Kazuga

Let the game begin...
Reaction score
Uberplayer I'm so excited about your cinematic, according to the picture previesly posted it must be really well made :p. Can't wait to see it^^.

Knight7770

Reaction score
Kazuga: That's the same trigger (basically) that I have, except instead of the If/Then/Else trigger, I have a Wait for... trigger. Now we have the same problem. I might just have to go back to having an automatic 10 second pause.
Off-topic: 400th post :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.