Cinematic Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kazuga

Let the game begin...
Reaction score
Kazuga: That's the same trigger (basically) that I have, except instead of the If/Then/Else trigger, I have a Wait for... trigger. Now we have the same problem. I might just have to go back to having an automatic 10 second pause.
Off-topic: 400th post :D

>I might just have to go back to having an automatic 10 second pause.
?
>That's the same trigger (basically) that I have, except instead of the If/Then/Else trigger, I have a Wait for... trigger.
Well ofcourse they do look alike, I mean how many ways is there to make it?:rolleyes:.

Knight7770

Hippopotomonstrosesquiped aliophobia
Reaction score
>I might just have to go back to having an automatic 10 second pause.
?
I originally had a 10 second pause when you pressed ESC, and then it went back. But I've found an almost really good way to pause/resume :p
>That's the same trigger (basically) that I have, except instead of the If/Then/Else trigger, I have a Wait for... trigger.
Well ofcourse they do look alike, I mean how many ways is there to make it?
See the sentence preceding this one.

Battlemapsta

I am the Conduit of Change
Reaction score
Here is a little preview of the begining of my cinematic if anyone is curious. About to start my triggering.

TheHelperCinTeaser1.jpg

Knight7770

Reaction score
That looks pretty good, but I have two questions:

1) Why are the houses yellow?
2) Can you make the cinematic good? :p

Good luck :D

Battlemapsta

Reaction score
The buildings are yellow because of yellow fog in the map. Plus it will be good lol. There is a city elsewhere in the map.

Knight7770

Reaction score
The buildings are yellow because of yellow fog in the map. Plus it will be good lol. There is a city elsewhere in the map.
Oh. Well that explains it. If your triggering is as good as your terraining (looks), then my chances are just about gone :p

Knight7770

Reaction score
Can't wait 2 more weeks or whatever it is to see all finnished cinematics:p.
The thing that I can't wait for is Uberplayer's and Battlemapsta's cinematics. They look like they're going to beat all 3 of the already-submitted ones put together. I'll need to do some more improving.

Good luck to all :D

Battlemapsta

Reaction score
A little preview of the guard keep in my cinematic for all of you still curious lol.

TheHelperCinTeaser2.jpg

Knight7770

Reaction score
As detailed as that is, it looks a bit strange. I don't know why...it just does. I can't wait to see your actual map :D

Battlemapsta

Reaction score
If by strange, you must be refering to the sky. The keep was located on a border in my map so I predict the location of this image resulting in the poor quality sky which as you can see is cut off in the top right with green.

Knight7770

Reaction score
If by strange, you must be refering to the sky. The keep was located on a border in my map so I predict the location of this image resulting in the poor quality sky which as you can see is cut off in the top right with green.
I wasn't even looking at the sky when I saw the picture. It just seems like everything is out of place, somehow :nuts:

Battlemapsta

Reaction score
Oh, well the keep is on a series of small landmasses close to each other so in case your thinking that it's floating on water, then if you look closely under the building you'd see some terrain. I changed the stone tile too. Didn't fit in on the picture.

Knight7770

Reaction score
Well, it's more like all of the other buildings surrounding the keep. They don't look right to me from that picture.

mastah_

Reaction score
added new ending ...
so heres updated version and yes i know i said it was finished but got bored :p

Attachments

• Cinamatic.w3x
    45.6 KB · Views: 235

Kazuga

Let the game begin...
Reaction score
A little preview of the guard keep in my cinematic for all of you still curious lol.

TheHelperCinTeaser2.jpg

Wow, nice one! Can't wait to see it! (I know I have said that three times now but still...^^), I love the deatail in the city, but there is one thing that could be improved, the background. It doesn't look to well...

Edit: Mastah, where was the new ending? Didn't notice any diffrence...
Edit: Hm.. you know that the second dialog only apears if you take the attack command? And isn't the new ending the extended one? :p.

Knight7770

Reaction score
That looks a lot better. I can't wait for the actual product :p

Exide

I am amazingly focused right now!
Reaction score
Here's my map. It's a short little movie, nothing fancy. :p

Bronxernijn

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Here's my map. It's a short little movie, nothing fancy. :p

Pretty good, just some comments:

- The orc hero is blue and talks in red, the human hero is red and talks in blue.
Can be confusing :eek:
- The text goes a bit too fast. I'm a pretty normal reader but the first time was
hard to keep up.

EDIT: Sorry, this was a double-post

EDIT2: Because this is still the latest post, I will post an update on my 'project' here.

I just finished the storyline for my cinematic :) It is more extended than I had in mind, so I hope I can fit it into 5 minutes. If anyone wants to read it, feel free to ask :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.