Clarification on Attack Speed

Taishaku

Reaction score
I need to figure out exactly how attacks are timed with the animations.

Combat - Attack 1 - Animation Backswing Point
Combat - Attack 1 - Animation Damage Point

So these two added together constitute the total time to carry out an attack, correct? With the Backswing Point being the animation before the projectile is released and the Damage Point being the animation after the projectile is released?

I base my assumption on Glaive Thrower, which has a large Backswing Point but a small Damage Point.

Combat - Attack 1 - Cooldown Time

What I want to specifically know is: Does cooldown time start counting immediately after the Backswing Point starts or after it finishes? Or does it start counting when Damage Point starts or after it finishes?

Say Backswing Point is .770 and Damage Point is .400 (this is the Keeper of the Grove). If Cooldown is 1.17, will there be no wait in between attacks? I assume <1.17 is the same? What if it were >1.17? Then there would be a wait?

Builder Bob

Live free or don't
Reaction score
Combat - Attack 1 - Animation Damage Point

This defines how much time it takes before the attack does damage, or before the unit launches a projectile.

Cooldown time starts after this I'm fairly sure of. I have done tests, but I have not figured out if Combat - Attack 1 - Animation Backswing Point affects any of it.

Combat - Attack 1 - Animation Backswing Point is the time after the attack is made, but I think cooldown overrides this. You should do some tests and see though.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.