[Classroom] GUI 101

denmax

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
He can't give rep to people who he repped last tym for the assignment..

T

thedude

Code:
Lesson Two
    Events
        Map initialization
    Conditions
    Actions
        Set String[1] = Who is it that has 
        Set String[2] = a fixation with poop?
        Set Text = (Random integer number between 1 and 4)
        If (Text Equal to 1) then do (Game - Display to Player Group - Player 1 (Red) for 10.00 seconds the text: String[1]) else do (Do nothing)
        If (Text Equal to 2) then do (Game - Display to Player Group - Player 1 (Red) for 10.00 seconds the text: String[2]) else do (Do nothing)
        If (Text Equal to 3) then do (Game - Display to Player Group - Player 1 (Red) for 10.00 seconds the text: (String[1] + String[2])) else do (Do nothing)
        If (Text Equal to 4) then do (Game - Display to Player Group - Player 1 (Red) for 10.00 seconds the text: (String[2] + String[1])) else do (Do nothing)

denmax

Reaction score
Random integer variables don't work, only random integers.. And do the Challenge... Please follow the instructions as well, I think you don't have will to change the strings... (IMO)

elmstfreddie

The Finglonger
Reaction score
Random integer variables do work, but have a tendency to be the same number. If you ask for 2 random integers in 1 trigger, they will be the same, lol.
Nothing wrong with his trigger.

Oh yeah, I jumped ahead and gave you rep. You were supposed to do the challenge >_<
Do the challenge soon or I will -rep (dun dun dunnnn)

Nestharus

o-o
Reaction score
Looks pretty interesting, lol

Mind if I join in when you start getting to polar coordinates and so on?

Is ready to teach about the Polar Coordinate System, its advantages in wc3 over the xy grid system, and stuffs ;p

^)^

hi elms! : D

maybe i should join the class instead o_O, or maybe not... mm

haha =]

Nestharus

o-o
Reaction score
no..

I'm talking about applying it to things like rotating objects and using different formulas to create different patterns

Changing the offset to create expansion/condension

Using it to create mirrored images

And basic sliding ><

I would also give an understanding of what the polar grid system is, heh ^)^

Nothing like basic trig to start out the day, rawr

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
I don't know if I will be covering that due to the fact that this is GUI 101; an introduction to GUI not function calling, though it does have function calling yet that is only the primary functions you practically must know. :)

Nestharus

o-o
Reaction score
Just wanted to help out ^)^

oh, btw, I suggest some IRC classes too, that'd be great

So, what could I help out with? ^)^

I just fixed up my combat system so I'm ready to get out there and help with stuffs : P

denmax

Reaction score
You can join the class to gain rep (thats whut im doin)

Nestharus

o-o
Reaction score
Heh, I'm finally looking into JASS now...

Wowz..

I had a condensed GUI piece of code and after converting it to JASS, i managed to decrease it another 50%

O-o

I'm even going thru all the game settings like setting up the players, their slots, and so on and I'm able to decrease it by like 90% O-o

*is in wowz*

I

IKilledKEnny

Off topic (sorry it seems like the thread is a little off topic anyway)

> You can join the class to gain rep (thats whut im doin)

Well I can't say how much I'm upset hearing that.

Why would you want to take advange of someone who is willing to help spending his own time for your own profit. Is reputation really worth that? What is reputation, few integers in some website that gives you nothing but custom title?

It doesn't matter how much reputation you have, but how helpful you are. And even worse is the fact that you are taking sombody's time just to get this thing...

No need to say I think you should quit the class.

elmstfreddie

The Finglonger
Reaction score
Nestharus, polars are not better than coordinates. What is simply does is use the equation:
Location X + distance * Cos(angle * 3.15149/180.00)
Location Y + distance * Sin(angle * 3.15149/180.00)
To find the new x and new y. This gives you opportunity to mess around with a bunch of numbers, and get some really ugly/cool shapes.

elmstfreddie

The Finglonger
Reaction score
What you said and what I said are the exact same, however Pi in JASS is a bj, the function being return 3.14159. However as you all know Pi goes on for infinity, but 3.14159 is close enough to what's needed.
I got those 2 things from PolarProjectionBJ

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
Sorry, but this is getting a little off-topic. I don't think that this is the place to argue/complain or anything, but I'll let it slide. ;)

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
Lol..

Note to All:

Even though we have gone through 2 lessons, the class space is still available. So if you would like to join, please post here.

Thank you!
biggrin.gif

T

thedude

Random integer variables don't work, only random integers.. And do the Challenge... Please follow the instructions as well, I think you don't have will to change the strings... (IMO)

Random integer variables do work.

I can't see the hidden stuff anymore...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +2
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New recipe is another summer dessert Berry and Peach Cheesecake - https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-berry-and-peach-cheesecake.194169/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.