[Classroom] GUI 101

A

A Fly

Hello, im pretty new I would like to sign up :D.

Where do I get GUI? xD.

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
Sure! Lol... If you are that new, then I suggest you read the great Introduction on the first page which will help you understand what GUI is. ;)

A

A Fly

oh wow, I completely read that wrong before. xD. I thought GUI was a GUI for JASS. silly me. :). This has to do with the GUI for editing in world edit correct?.

Still I would like to learn, heading to read lesson 1 now. :)

M

MapMaker

Lol.. XD

Anyways, I'm glad to hear that you joined and that you are willing to learn. :)

purgeandfire

can u each me jass//, and is gui, he basic click rigger hing (sorr, some kes are no working on keboard) like even- a uni eners region(00)
condiion-
acion- kill (riggering uni)

M

MapMaker

:confused:

Sorry, I don't understand you. :p

oh sorre mi keboard is no working good and mos buons aren working like some of da ABC and number kes do no work, i was jus asking if u could each me JASS? because i looked a some JASS classes and i did no unda sand da classes

denmax

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
purgeandfire

can u each me jass//, and is gui, he basic click rigger hing (sorr, some kes are no working on keboard) like even- a uni eners region(00)
condiion-
acion- kill (riggering uni)

Translation:

Can you teach me jass//, and is GUI, the basic click trigger thing (sorry, some keys are not working on keyboard) like event - a unit enters region (00)
condition -
action - kill (triggering unit)

Actually, even when translated, I still can't understand.

M

MapMaker

Thanx denmax...

@MapMaker: Yes, GUI is the clicker thingy that you use. :)

r da cusom scrips u showed me in da pm in GUI? or is onl en JASS? and i don ge5 cusom scrips, can u explain dem. (i hae dis keboard)

denmax

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
There are many kinds of custom scripts, what you are trying to say is Memory Leaks/MUI?

Then maybe I'm not allowed to help you because maybe that is involved of cheating already..

Mermory Leak Fixers start from

Custom Script: call Destroy/Remove___(udg_Variable)

While MUI would be

Custom Script: local ___ udg_Variable

I would prefer this helping but I'm not telling the answer.

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
Here is an example mini-tutorial:

- First, go and create your "Point" variable. Then go to "General | Set Variable".
- Once you are there, click the first value and select your variable from the selection bar and click "OK"
- Then set the 2nd value to your point.
- It should look something like this:
Code:
Set Loc = Center of (Playable Map Area)
- Then use the variable in the action:
Code:
Unit - Make unit face Loc
- Then remove it with a custom script by going to "General | Custom Script". Then type out: "call RemoveLocation(udg_Loc)" So that it displays:
Code:
Custom Script:   call RemoveLocation(udg_Loc)

"call" = Calls the function
"RemoveLocation" = Removes the location
"(udg_" = Makes it so that a global variable is removed
"Loc" = Variable Name
")" = Ending the statement of the parenthesized text

And that is how you fix the leak, though that is not the challenge. But you can do that but instead use it in your action instead.

Note: The challenge is just an extra credit sort of thing, it will not make your grade 100/100, but if it functions properly, then you get the points. Even if you don't do the challenge, but it functions properly, you get 100/100. :D

M

MapMaker

Here is an example mini-tutorial:

- First, go and create your "Point" variable. Then go to "General | Set Variable".
- Once you are there, click the first value and select your variable from the selection bar and click "OK"
- Then set the 2nd value to your point.
- It should look something like this:
Code:
- Then use the variable in the action:
Code:
- Then remove it with a custom script by going to "General | Custom Script". Then type out: "call RemoveLocation(udg_Loc)" So that it displays:
Code:
Custom Script:   call RemoveLocation(udg_Loc)

"call" = Calls the function
"RemoveLocation" = Removes the location
"(udg_" = Makes it so that a global variable is removed
"Loc" = Variable Name
")" = Ending the statement of the parenthesized text

And that is how you fix the leak, though that is not the challenge. But you can do that but instead use it in your action instead.

Note: The challenge is just an extra credit sort of thing, it will not make your grade 100/100, but if it functions properly, then you get the points. Even if you don't do the challenge, but it functions properly, you get 100/100. :D

uh whats a leak, ad is the variale you used a regio variale, how would you do it if it was a unit variable or game cache or something? ad is the locatio i "remove locatio" the variale? THX for the help again (and yes, my brother fixed the keyboard yay)) and thx for the mini tut

pheonixashes

Those who misplace trust in gods learn their fate.
Reaction score
Sorry about that, I'll get on it right now. I forgot about this class ^_^.

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
uh whats a leak, ad is the variale you used a regio variale, how would you do it if it was a unit variable or game cache or something? ad is the locatio i "remove locatio" the variale? THX for the help again (and yes, my brother fixed the keyboard yay)) and thx for the mini tut

Read the memory leak tutorials and a variable tutorial on here and you will understand. It will take a while to explain what it is. :p

@Phoenixashes: DETENTION! :banghead:
jk... Anyways, don't worry about it, it happens to me aaalllll the time. :shades:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.