Compound 13 : Outbreak

Reaction score
I still think endurance and stamina sound too similar..:p

How about instead of endurance, constitution?

And i'm waiting for you to finish this btw :D

MurderMode

Giving new meaning to co-op... slowly
Reaction score
hmmm... constitution will have all the kids thinking the marines have bowel problems :p aha.. and ta, I'm glad you are interested.

.............................................................................................................................................................................

PHWOAR! I have been hammering this map today, completed all the marines basic classes and upgrades. Just need to create the accessory items and add some more fun stuff to the commander, and thats the human side DONE. lol I can already see from all the variation in the game so far that it is going to be totally imba on the first release (not to mention everyone will be TKing by accident)... but I think that will be more fun for us :D

Anyhow, heres a bit on the classes. You will only have a basic marine to begin with, but as you gain combat points and your command builds items for you to purchase you will be able to change class. Your class depends on which item and armour you currently have in your possession, and it can be changed at any point in the game from purchasing new items back at the main base. Here is a list of the class weapons so far:

Basic Assault Rifle
Advanced Assault Rifle
Medic Compact Rifle
Shotgun
Pulse Rifle
Flame Thrower
Chaingun
Rocket Launcher

There will be 4 armor types at this point, Basic, Combat Spec, Aerogel Plate and Heavy Support. All 4 armour types will be available to any weapon class.

Ok so those are weapons the classes are going to be based around, and determine what accessory items (eg grenades) you can purchase. There will also be hidden classes at the high end of the game, which you will stumble across from combining various weapon and armour combos with specific accessories.

If there is any specific weapon you want in the game that I have missed, nows your chance to let me knowwwwwwwwwwwwwww :)

MurderMode

Reaction score
ok guys I've been a bit delayed with this because of work... but things are looking positive for an alpha by early next week.

I have completely finished the marines and commander (+ basic cloning and upgradable content) to an alpha stage, and included some general items for the marine units to give a good feel of what I am trying to achieve with this force - TEAMWORK.

Whats next on the list, I don't hear you asking (but wish I did :p)?

Well, the Metadrones of course. The only real trigger hungry unit in the Metadrones is the builder unit, but the rest will be more standardised War3 heroes (with their xtra components feeding off the builder, mre explained after completion). I've got some Ideas for tanking, stealth dps and buff units.

What I want from the release of this alpha is for balancing purposes... I'm not getting too item heavy for either team until I've got a general idea of the games flow. I've tried to keep it as level as I can at the moment, and I don't see a force having some grossly overpowered units... what I see is once force completely dominating the other.

But yeah, we will leave that talk til next week, ciao

crystalguard

Reaction score
Weapon requests
Sheep Gun - Fires an exploding sheep at a unit
Granade Launcher- Fires either smoke,shock, or fragmentation granades
Sniper Rifle- High Velocity simi automatic rifle

Also, im not sure if I missed this or not, but are you gonna have a Gun systems, like in Elimination Tournament?

MurderMode

Reaction score
Weapon requests
Sheep Gun - Fires an exploding sheep at a unit
Granade Launcher- Fires either smoke,shock, or fragmentation granades
Sniper Rifle- High Velocity simi automatic rifle

Also, im not sure if I missed this or not, but are you gonna have a Gun systems, like in Elimination Tournament?

haha fun guns like a sheep gun mite wait until the basic game is complete, it doesn't fit in with the theme. Also I plan to add more weapons as hidden weapon types (created by an armour and weapon combo aswell as the purchase of specific items... it won't be explained how to make them, ppl will just find them by trial and error, but I will need alot more items for this to work) and the G-launcher will be one of those. As for the sniper, I was considering it until it dawned on me that with the game being based in dark corridors, there is really no functional application for a sniper rifle.

And about the gun systems, well, the simple answer is no (lol). I haven't played elim tourn but I don't think my game will be like it becoz its not based around the guns as being a stand out feature.

The game basically works like this (from the marines p.o.v.) -

The commander has a vast list of weapons, armour, items and upgrades to manage, as well as managing the clone (which is simple but a neat feature) and keeping an eye on the teams strat including assistance by providing ammo, health and defense drops.

The marines are going to have to group together and pick one of 2 of the initially acquired generators to start their advance from. When they arrive the commander will need to drop defence items like turrets at the location, and the marines will need to set up barricades and their own personal defences at that point. When it is secure (or believed to be) the marines will then advance to the next generator and repeat (while the commander constantly updates the items and upgrades available to the marine) until they have acquired all 5 generators and are able to attack the Metadrones Hive Mind.

To achieve this the marines will have to vary the items and weapons they have depending on the type of enemy attacking them. Some weapons will be more effective then others on specific enemies, and sometimes a mix will be necessary to keep moving forward (eg. the team may decide they need a medic, 2 flamers and a pulse rifle to counter the assault). The marines are going to have to relay their needs to the commander to make sure he provides adequate support, and the commander is going to have to evaluate their judgement to make sure he isn't wasting Command Points on a particularly unnecessary upgrade.

Not to mention the commander is going to need to see where the marines stats are lacking and use the clone to counter that (he can only upgrade one type of stat at a time).

This is the projected game plan anyhow, it may turn out different when ppl jump into it for better or for worse. We will just see how it goes

crystalguard

Reaction score
I haven't played elim tourn but I don't think my game will be like it becoz its not based around the guns as being a stand out feature.
:O I seriously sudgest you try it. It is an awsome game. Also will the commander have an actull unit. Because it would seem that being the commander for the whole game with no unit and just droping items and providing upgrads would get boreing to whoever is playing that position.

MurderMode

Reaction score
I dunno if I made it clear enough in my early posts but yes the commander does have a unit. That is the beauty of it, any one marine can be the commander at any one time, the resources it uses are universal between players as are the upgrades. All you have to do is jump in the empty Command Chair an you become the boss. If at any time the Commander is happy with how the team is going, he can jump out, grab a gun and start pumping the Metadrones just like everyone else. Another good thing about this system is that if the commander gets fed up and leaves the game, it's not over. The Marines can just decide who wants to take over the team management role and return to the base. Also, as the resources are shared and grow over time it makes it easy for the commander to jump out of the chair while he is waiting for enough command points to accumulate so he can buy a more powerful weapon/upgrade etc :)

SerraAvenger

Cuz I can
Reaction score
What would you think of some kind of "coward" system? ie that if a marine is alone he'll be a bit worse then if he's in his team.
Less accuracy, less sight range... Things like these. Also low sightrange or a lot of deads in the environment might increase the effect.

Another thing that might be interesting would be an AI.
I don't think that an AI for the Marine positions would be that difficult ( one for the Commander, however , would )
Perhaps for later versions ; )

greetings, Davey

GooS

Azrael
Reaction score
If you want I could make a custom UI for you to use, the night-elf one deosn't really fit.

The UI would be imported and changed within Interface, it would be an around 500kb increase in mapsize. Your choice ;)

MurderMode

Reaction score
What would you think of some kind of "coward" system? ie that if a marine is alone he'll be a bit worse then if he's in his team.
Less accuracy, less sight range... Things like these. Also low sightrange or a lot of deads in the environment might increase the effect.

Well this isn't going to be happening in the alpha due to time restraints, but I'll tell you one thing - its a great idea and would fit perfectly into the game. Maybe make it more of a buddy system tho so you only need atleast 1 other marine to keep you company otherwise you begin to freak the f@#% out :p

If you want I could make a custom UI for you to use, the night-elf one deosn't really fit.

The UI would be imported and changed within Interface, it would be an around 500kb increase in mapsize. Your choice

thx goos, but atm I only want PvP... and more importantly I don't want to waste anyones time. Until this game's alpha is released its fate is unknown. If its getting positive feedback then I will increase it's features and consider these new possibilities, but if after a few version fixes people still want to take a dump on it... well then it is going to get scrapped and a new project will be born (hopefully not in everyones dump).

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
*Static
*Omg, what is that thing!?
*It's moving! I'll check it out.
*AH! What is this! AHHHH!
*END TRANSMISSION

IT IS.... THEWRONGVINE!

Ok, I had to do that. Anyways, this seems interesting and so cool and developed!

Ew, the one maker did was a lot better...

crystalguard

Reaction score
ok well i went back and read the first post xD i kinda forgot most of it. And since its underground you should have like a periodic event, where like every 3-4 minuets it spawns a creep, that drops really good items/builder materials/weapon upgrades. But make them fit the enviroment. Like a giant Rat :D, or like Bioengineared Slime.

Ok going back to weapon upgrades, mabey you could have items that when you find them, and use them they add a spifice effect to your marine. Like you could have a Pulse Rifle orginaly, but then you pick up and use a Scope item, the scope item would dissapear, and change your pulse rifle to a Pusle Rifle with scope, then you would get an agility bonus (acurracy), and then say you pick up a Weight Kit and use it. You would then have a Light Pusle Rifle With Scope, adding a Speed bonus.
You could have a Max of 2 upgrades on a weapon makeing it like
[Prefix] (weapon) [Suffix]

Anyway, these are just ideas so you dont have to consider them xD

ALSO how come I never get to make an Red transmission Things

*Oooo A Radio
**n00b GET OFF THE DA%$ RADIO
*FINE YOUR SO BOSSY
*END TRANSMISSION

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.