Condition for "Unit is being targeted"?

staind25

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Is there any condition that says, basically, "Triggering unit is being targeted by <any (enemy) unit>"?

It'd really benefit my map...I swore I saw something like it awhile ago but can't find it now.

Thanks much.

Komaqtion

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
@ Undead.Cow: No, I don't believe that' what he means...

I'd believe you mean that you want to know either if a players is currently selecting the unit, or that the unit is currently being targetted (attacked/target of spell) by another unit... :S

Any of those ?

Gizd

Reaction score
I probably found it:
Unit - Generic Unit Event --> Is issued an order targeting an object
.. then you can use conditions to filter the targeted/triggering unit

@felnix: Yes.

felnix

Reaction score
Something like this?

Trigger:
  • Being Targeted
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is issued an order targeting an object
    • Conditions
      • ((Target unit of issued order) belongs to an enemy of Player) Equal to True
    • Actions

staind25

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
@ Undead.Cow: No, I don't believe that' what he means...

I'd believe you mean that you want to know either if a players is currently selecting the unit, or that the unit is currently being targetted (attacked/target of spell) by another unit... :S

Any of those ?

The second one :)

Unfortunately having it as an event won't work. Here are the events and conditions for the trigger:

Trigger:
  • Stealth
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Stealth

As you can see it's for a "Stealth" ability. The goal is to simulate a feature from World of Warcraft - the caster SHOULD NOT be able to stealth if he's in combat. To simulate this, I figure if he were being targeted by a unit, then he shouldn't be able to stealth.

So, the condition would be something like, "(Casting Unit) is being targeted by (unit)".

Of course, I'd need another function that would specify that the targeting unit is an enemy...but I can do that. The above is what I'm missing :)

Thanks for all of your replies so far, but unfortunately I don't think the Event trigger will work, unless you know of a way I can somehow implement that into THIS trigger =)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.