[Contest] Dragon Spells Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Demonwrath

Happy[ExtremelyOverCommercializ ed]HolidaysEveryon
Reaction score
Dragon Spells Contest

Welcome one and all to my first ever spell contest.

In this contest, you will be asked to pick from one of 11 heroes, and make spells for them, specific to MY specifications.

The rules are as follows:
1. GUI and JASS are both ALLOWED
2. Custom models ARE NOT ALLOWED. Depending on which hero you choose, will depend on the model you are using.
3. Custom Icons ARE ALLOWED. And depending on how creative the icons are, they could earn you bonus points
4. You may submit as many spells as you wish for the hero, the maximum amount being 4, and the minimum 2.
5. A MINIMUM of at least one spell made MUST be specifically for this Contest ONLY
6. You may not steal spell ideas from other TH members, doing so will result in instant disqualification
7. Flaming and Spamming on the Contest thread will not be tolerated. If you want to give the mods a reason to close a thread, then do it elsewhere.
8. Have fun!

The contest will be beginning on the date of: August 19th and will end 2 weeks later on the date of September 2nd.

Prizes:
In this contest, there will be three winners (1st, 2nd, and 3rd)
Once judging is finished we will take the top 10 contestants and put them in a poll where their fellow TH members will vote to see who our true winner is.
The top three contestants with the most votes will win the contest and all three will receive what is listed below.

Each of the winners will receive the following prizes:
A. Reputation from both me, Tinki3, Ghan_04 and whomever else wishes to give rep
B. Their spells will be put into my WIP map Dragon Wars, and have their names added to the credits of the map

Spell Grading:
The spells will be graded in five specific categories, Icon Work, Animations, Triggers, Effects, and Relativity.
Please note that this grading is per spell. So the more spells you submit, the more points you earn!
Judges: Demonwrath, Ghan_04, PurgeAndFire, Waaaaagh

Icon Work; Demonwrath
i. Are the spells icons fitted for the spells names? (1 point)
ii. Are the icons fitted for the effects of the spells? (1 point)
iii. Are the icons imaginative and thoughtful? (1 point)
iv. BONUS: Are the icons a custom icons? (1 point)
Total Points: 3 + 1 Bonus

Animations; Demonwrath
i. Are the spells effects appealing to the eye? (1 point)
ii. Are the effects good, but not too much for one person to handle? (1 point)
iii. Are the spell effects creative to each specific spell? (1 point)
iv. BONUS: Does the spell use custom models or effects? (2 points)
Total Points: 3 + 2 Bonus

Triggers; Ghan_04(GUI), PurgeAndFire(JASS), Waaaaagh(JASS)
i. Are the triggers precise and effective, or do they have many unneeded parts? (3 point)
ii. Do the triggers, along with the spell work properly? (1 point)
iii. Are creative and readable variable names used? (1 point)
Total Points: 5

Balancing; Demonwrath
i. Are the effects of the spell balanced? (2 points)
ii. Is the increase in power between each level balanced? (2 points)
iii. BONUS: Are variations of spell types used (ie. Passive, Auto Cast, etc.)? (1 point)
Total Points: 5

Relativity; Demonwrath
i. Do all of the spells fit with the matching hero? (1 point)
Total Points: 1

Total Points per Spell: 17 + 3 Bonus = 20 Points

Hero List:
Below are the eleven heroes with which you can choose to make spells for.
The heroes are laid out like so:

Name – Special Name; Model Type: Spell types (number of people making spells for hero)

1. Alexstrasza – The Life Binder; Red Dragon: Flame based spells (0)
2. Korialstrasz - Prime Consort of the Dragonqueen; Red Dragon: Protection spells for self, and ally units or heroes (0)
3. Malygos - The Spell Weaver; Blue Dragon: Manipulation spells (ie. spells that effect enemies or ally in beneficial or engative ways. or spells made to 'trick' your opponent, an easy example of this is wind walk) (0)
4. Sapphiron - Protector of the Frozen Throne; Blue Dragon: Ice base spells (0)
5. Ysera - The Dreamer; Green Dragon: Ally Beneficial spells (ie. auras, or spells that temporarily benefit your units)(0)
6. Merithra - Dragon of the Dream; Green Dragon: Illusion spells (0)
7. Nozdormu - The Timeless; Bronze Dragon: Time altering spells (ie. teleport a unit to here, pause all units, do x damage to units in x area around teleported position, teleport back, unpause :D)(0)
8. Soridormi - Second In Command of the Bronze Dragonflight; Bronze Dragon: Light Spells, Ally Beneficial Spells (0)
9. Neltharion - The Destroyer; Black Dragon: Death spells (1)
10. Nefarian - Leader of the Black Dragonflight; Black Dragon: Dark Spells, Negative Spells for enemy units (0)
11. Karynaku - Broodmother of the Netherwing Dragonflight; Nether Dragon: Mana stealing, or Summoning spells (1)

NOTE: When you sign up for the Contest, please indicate which Hero you will be making spells for. Thank you.

Have fun

Contestants:
1. Nazdra - Neltharion
2. Waaaaagh - Mystery Dragon o_O
3. Pigger - Karynaku

~GaLs~

† Ғσſ ŧħə ѕαĸε Φƒ ~Ğ䣚~ †
Reaction score
>> A MINIMUM of at least one spell made MUST be specifically for this Contest ONLY
That means if i make 1 spell then other 3 spell is made by someone else...i will be qualified too?

And in the other word...i could use Any spell i made from the past?

>>Their spells will be put into my WIP map Dragon Wars
Which means you held this contest for collecting spells for ur ownmap?

>>Are the icons imaginative and thoughtful?
What do you meant by imaginative and thoughful??

>>Are the icons a custom icons?
what if i get some custom icon from Hiveworkshop or Wc3campaigns which is made by someone else?

>>Custom models ARE NOT ALLOWED.
>>BONUS: Does the spell use custom models or effects? (2 points)

What should i do? use custom model Or Not??

>>Is the increase in power between each level balanced?
Ow...arent the increase power can be modify easily?

You lay out is like so...Name – Special Name; Model Type: Spell types (number of people making spells for hero)
i will take an example:
Code:
Malygos - The Spell Weaver; Blue Dragon: Manipulation spells (0)
The name is Malygos...Its model type is "SpellWeaver" ?!
Spell type is "Manipulation Spell" ?!
What is a manipulation spells?

I dont understand most of the spell type...can please make a short brief of each spell type??

Exide

I am amazingly focused right now!
Reaction score
>Below are the eleven heroes with which you can choose to make spells for.
>The heroes are laid out like so:

I'll join, if I can make my own dragon?

morno

Reaction score
i think ''Manipulation Spell'' sounds like the caster can take control of creeps like in World of Warcraft: Hunter's Train Pet or somthing like that..

morno

Reaction score
hehe.. Ace he can't do it by himself he is new to WE :p so its not hes falt he cant do anything but terrian..(no offens but its the truth)

Exide

I am amazingly focused right now!
Reaction score
hehe.. Ace he can't do it by himself he is new to WE :p so its not hes falt he cant do anything but terrian..(no offens but its the truth)

What makes you say that?
At least he has more reputation than you do..

Dimaspy

Reaction score
It sounds more like request than like contest :D

MUCH like a request...
"Join Date: Jan 2007"
"Rep: 25+"
No one who's making a contest has stayed here for less than a year.

"Each of the winners will receive the following prizes:
B. Their spells will be put into my WIP map Dragon Wars, and have their names added to the credits of the map"
Yep. It's a request.

And to make it even worse, he stole the avatar! :eek:
http://forums.alliedmods.net/member.php?u=12088

Demonwrath

Reaction score
Way to tear this apart on me guys...thanks....

>That means if i make 1 spell then other 3 spell is made by someone else...i will be qualified too?
This means you can take other spells you have made and use it for this contest as long as you make a new one specifically for here.

>Which means you held this contest for collecting spells for ur own map?
Let me put it in a less harsh way of saying it....
I suck at spells, I will not doubt that. And I have always loved most of the spells that you guys come out with. So I wanted to make this Contest in order to see what you guys would come up with where my imagination failed.
I mean I could have simply just not put that I was going to use the spells in my map and just completely fooled you. Isn't it better I was at least hoenst with you :\

>What do you meant by imaginative and thoughtful??
I mean is it some random icon you just put in (bad grade) or did you actually but some thought into how the icon should look for the spell?

>what if i get some custom icon from Hiveworkshop or Wc3campaigns which is made by someone else?
That's fine, you can use it :D The icons do not have to be by you

>What should i do? use custom model Or Not??
What I meant was that custom models were not allowed for the hero. I only did that because I didn't really want you wasting your time going around finding a fancy model for this hero, then complaining how you didn't have time to get your other stuff done (I have had some people do that in a contest or 2 i have been in)

>Ow...arent the increase power can be modify easily?
What? Didn't really understand that

>The name is Malygos...Its model type is "SpellWeaver" ?!
Spell type is "Manipulation Spell" ?!
What is a manipulation spells?

No, lol
Name - Malygos
Special Name (Level 1 _____) - Spellweaver
Model - BLUE DRAGON

>I dont understand most of the spell type...can please make a short brief of each spell type??
If you want I will update the first post with that.

>I'll join, if I can make my own dragon?
I would prefer you adhere to the guidelines. The main basis here is to see what you guys can create with such a limited amount of choice :D

>i think ''Manipulation Spell'' sounds like the caster can take control of creeps like in World of Warcraft: Hunter's Train Pet or somthing like that..
I was thinking more along the lines of lets say confusing the enemy.
For example lets say he has a spell that like makes all enemy units near ___ range temporarily miss every shot, or have their armor decreased to zero, or even have their hp/mana cut in half.

>You're not seriously expecting people to finish your map for you?
NO. If this was here for people to finish my map, I wouldnt have made this a contest.
I made this becaause I needed help with something and I wanted the TH community to help me.
yet I also wanted to make it fun, and from my time in the forum...CONTESTS ARE FUN. :D
That's technically why I made this.

>Those (some of em) dragon names are from Darky's campaign.
Because they are official dragon names from Warcraft lore :D
(check WoWWiki if you don't believe me :p)

2-P

I will work hard tomorrow
Reaction score
>"I mean I could have simply just not put that I was going to use the spells in my map and just completely fooled you. Isn't it better I was at least hoenst with you :\"

That would have been resource stealing and you would have a lot more problems then a few complains about your contest.

And what's up with this color overload? o_0

Demonwrath

Reaction score
>And what's up with this color overload? o_0

makes it more noticeable doesn't it :p

Either that or blinding

Pyrogasm

There are some who would use any excuse to ban me.
Reaction score
No one who's making a contest has stayed here for less than a year.
I grade spell contests... a user's join date determines nothing.

Nazdra

Reaction score
Ok, there my first question : how much spell are we suposed to grant to all dragon ?
Next one : how are we suposed to make our hero diffirant from other dragon of the same race ? For the skin u talked about, are u gonna give us skin u dl, make or something, or we will use some bad looking normal dragon model ?

Oh well, i think u should think alot before doing CONTEST to finish ur map (even if some people, such as I, got so time to waste that they would participate anyway) to all the details, men, i would already start it :D if u was a bit more specific.:shades:

So there, i have began, i have a choose Neltharion. Hope u will like my idea... they are badly sick :D .

~GaLs~

† Ғσſ ŧħə ѕαĸε Φƒ ~Ğ䣚~ †
Reaction score
No TRIPLE post....

But actually i wont really join until all the complains and rumur of this contest is halt...finish

Nazdra

Reaction score
Ya i know, but, the thing, is that all my messege have like either 30 min of interval or 1 hour... anyway. :D

Demonwrath

Reaction score
I agree. I never thought that people at TH could be so rude.

I mean in all honesty, do I go to your threads and complain to you or so cruel things? Not that I can recall

And if I have, I'm sorry

But w/e lets just do this thing!

>i have began, i have a choose Neltharion

Added :D

Xapphire

Liberty, Simply said; a lie.
Reaction score
Umm, I dont have wc3 installed in my dorm at the moment but I might join a bit later ^.^ so right me in!
NVM dont count me in, yet, erase erase >.<

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +2
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.