[Contest] Tower Contest - Winner Announced

Reaction score
Contest that has an admin or a moderator as a host is more popular than the others.

But this time I think that it's the type of this contest :p.. just came to my mind. Thanks Ghan for getting this idea, this is awesome and pretty wide contest.

Quite nice towers submitted already. Just wait for mine though <3

Reaction score
People that doesn't matter :p.. Of course I kick your asses (jk).. who cares :rolleyes:

You are breaking the last rule, you don't see to have fun :)

Anyway, I had to do new Tidal Guardian model for my level two Droplet Tower, which is called Drench Tower. The snake in the water is darker in the Drench Tower. Soon editing this post for W.I.P screens.

droplettower.png

drenchtower.png

sometowers.png

Black Hawk

Reaction score
Well here is my map. Its a rocket tower that shoots the cluster rockets ability at enemies. Its just really simple. I will fix it later.

Fallen-Kid

Reaction score
Updated Version Fixed Some Typo's and a little bit of small stuff:D
>>Edit: Little More Done

Attachments

• Tower Contest-Bolt Generator.w3x
    63.2 KB · Views: 118

Knocksious

Sweet, I got 2 little green bars!
Reaction score
Yea, this is probably one of the coolest contests I have seen, because lots of people can make towers, so it's really a contest of IDEAS as opposed to technical know-how

Demonwrath

Happy[ExtremelyOverCommercializ ed]HolidaysEveryon
Reaction score
I personally think when the contest is over, Ghan is jsut gonna make a TD with all our towers and take all the credit <.<

Of course my tower will be his TD's ultimate tower :p

Xapphire

Liberty, Simply said; a lie.
Reaction score
Nah, that wouldn't work, I dont think because all your towers are all in different levels of defense and power, if they are too cheap, too weak, the contest never told you that its gotta be strong and uber did it.. o_O <3 :) <3

1)ark_Knight

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I'm redoing my tower becuase I got a way better idea but im having some problems. So its gonna be another day or two :p

EDIT:

So, im redoing my tower and I think the idea of it is nice, but the model I used is ugly as sin although it definently fits the idea. I used the model of an Abomination for my tower. Bieng that its really not all that visually appeasing, will this subtract from my Visual part of the grade?

Guest3z

Reaction score
Omg! This looked fun so I made a tower too I hope you'll let me enter :D?
Sheep Tower
Thats right! It's a tower and a sheep! I've never seen a sheep tower so I thought why not. The sheep tower does 1-1 siege damage... but it has a splash of much more. The unit you attack does not get damaged much but units around him do get hurt for massive damage, and after 7 kills the sheep farm will be spawned for 2 seconds at the place of the dying unit. This tower uses NO variables so it is EXTREMLY easy to add to a map :D! And this is the only tower which requires skill to use (that I have seen) you have to target units in middle of large groups. Anyways I hope you like my tower here are some screenshots and the map.

http://www.epicwar.com/maps/download/27945/TowerContest%20Entry.w3x

Knocksious

Sweet, I got 2 little green bars!
Reaction score
Guest3z; said:
Omg! This tower uses NO variables so it is EXTREMLY easy to add to a map :D!

uh.... when you have the "automatically generate all variables" option on, it automatically generates all needed variables when copying, but at least your heart is in the right place

Tinki3

Special Member
Reaction score
>I'm redoing my tower
>So its gonna be another day or two

We aren't worried. Well, not that much.
Contest won't be over for a loong time.
That, I can guarantee you, as I won't be submitting my product until the last minute.

Come to think of it, I wonder why so many people have already submitted their "final" products.. so early...
Best to look at everyone elses tower, and see what you can do to your's to make it better than the others.
If you just submit something that you "think" is good, great.
But in the long run, if you havn't looked at each section of the grading and said,
"yup, given it my all in that part", you won't achieve too much, out of "some" great certainty.

If you think your tower is good, make it excellent.
Add that extra upgrade, or make the eye-candy outstanding.
Think it is fun to play around with? Then make it amazing to play around with.
Is it "fit" for a Tower Defense? Then make it "extra fit", or whatever.
Have some concepts that you know you want to add, but can't be bothered?
Please do,
then at least you can say you submitted something not of recycle-bin quality.

Good luck,
even though I'm a tad too late in saying so.

Guest3z

Reaction score
reminds me of that one tower that only did 1 dmg but did 800 damage splash lol
I never saw that tower but I thought it'd be funny to have splash bigger than normal damage :p
uh.... when you have the "automatically generate all variables" option on, it automatically generates all needed variables when copying, but at least your heart is in the right place
I've not imported many custom towers, spells, or stuff... but :D At least its still easy to import! Oh btw how do I make the link show as a picture instead of having to click it to see it? (Just wanted to know, +rep)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.