Control Magic, making it a hero ability

BebopJelli

Reaction score
Here's the deal, I want to make a custom spell based off of Control Magic. I thought everything was good, but then I tried it out and it wasn't working. I think it is because of the stats fields of the ability and I just don't understand them.

The fields I don't understand are:

1: Charge for Current Life
2: Mana Per Summoned Hit Point
3: (for this particular ability ONLY) Mana Cost

I thought the Charge for Current Life would change the mana cost by increasing it by the percent set in the editor times the units current health, am I wrong about this?

As well, the Mana Per Summoned Hit Point would increase this cost further by adding a set mana cost per hit point, but this seems to be exactly the same as the Charge for Current Life field.

On top of this, there is a base mana cost that would be the absolute minimum cost (the Mana Cost field)? This seems to make the ability cost a huge amount of mana, wich is probably why my ability doesn't work.

Here is all I really want to know, What does those three mentioned fields do exactly? Also, if possible, the formula for mana cost of the ability. I probably made this way more complicated then it should be but, this is of course why I seek help. Thanks in advance!

P.S. Nearly forgot to say but, the message I get when using the ability is not enough mana.

darkRae

Ueki Fan (Ueki is watching you)
Reaction score
Mana Cost
The amount of Mana needed to cast the spell (obvious)

Charge for Current Life
Let's see..... the percentage of life counted when counting extra Mana cost? Maybe

Mana per Summoned HP
Percentage of the target unit's HP that adds to extra Mana cost.

The total Mana Cost formula is like this :
Mana Cost + ( Charge for Current Life * Mana per Summoned HP * Current HP )

So if you were to Control Magic a 700 HP Water Elemental, the total Mana Cost will be :

Mana Cost + ( Charge for Current Life * Mana per Summoned HP * Current HP )
25 + ( 1.00 * 0.45 * 700.00)
25 + 315

That's the total Mana required to Control Magic a 700 HP Water Elemental.
Wow, I didn't thought it'll be that many. But a Spell Breaker only has 250 Mana. So what would happen if you do this to a 700 HP Water Elemental?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.