Cooldown not working :S

Rathma666

Reaction score
hey so i've made some custom spells for previous maps before and just using "channel" as the main spell. then have it so when channel fires then triggers kick in. but yeah anyways, for some reason on my map im making now the spell i made is always ready, i have a 40 second cooldown on it but its always ready to go... so i double checked everything and it all looks good. so i copied a spell right from my other map (that has a cooldown and tested it on that map and it takes time to cooldown) into this one, and for some reason that one's cooldown doesnt work either. but it works fine when its on my other map :S i'm reeeaaalllly confused right now

Rathma666

Reaction score
here is the trigger for the spell... so i disabled everything one by one to see if it fixed it. turns out my "move instantly" is what is breaking the cooldown. but my other spells have move instantly in them and they work just fine :S so i'm confused

Attachments

• Fuck.jpg
    Fuck.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 140

LearningCode

Reaction score
Adding a "Wait" command usually fixes any problems with the cooldown of spells that deal with Blink or Blink Strike.

Also, try changing the "Unit - A unit begins casting an ability" to "Unit - A unit starts the effect of an ability)
What this does is to only activate the trigger the moment the cooldown is activated and the manacost deducted

Rllulium

Reaction score
Use A unit Starts the Effect of an ability instead of Begins casting an ability. A wait should not be needed.

LearningCode

Reaction score
That's what happened to me last time when I tried to make a blink strike xD
Adding the wait help..

I should have suggested the 2nd option first. =x

Rathma666

Reaction score
yeah i had to use the wait as well as start the effect. i wasnt paying attention lol i knew about the start the effect of but i messed up on that part. and so i changed that but still didnt work, had to add .25 second wait before the move. but yeah thank you both much ^.^

Weep

Godspeed to the sound of the pounding
Reaction score
The "Move Instantly" action stops a unit. Instead of using a wait (can be buggy), you can pause the unit before the move and unpause it afterward to prevent the interruption.

Rathma666

Reaction score
thats what i have on my other map but on this one he just sits there constantly pausing and unpausing... it was wierd. lol this whole map is buggy lol i think i'm just getting lazy and trying to shorten things up too much, i got like 5000 triggers in my one map and nothing breaks. lol i'm trying to make a diff style map now and trying to shorten everything up and now everythin breaks on me :p

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
> sits there constantly pausing and unpausing

You must Pause/Unpause right before and after move. Not from beginning.

Like this:
Code:
Unit - Pause (Triggering unit)
Unit - Move...
Unit - Unpause (Triggering unit)

Not this:
Code:
Unit - Pause (Triggering unit)
Unit - Other actions... etc
Set Temp_Point = Target point...
Unit - Move...
Unit - Unpause (Triggering unit)
Unit - Other actions... etc

Try and see if it works.

Rathma666

Reaction score
lol its ok i got everything workin meow ^.^ but i do appreciate everybody's input and advice. this is a great forum :D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.