Crazy Road

X-maul

AKA: Demtrod
Reaction score
crazyroad.jpg

This map was a minimap created long time ago by me, and I've taken it up again recently.

In a region with 2 towns only seperated by a massive set of roads the villagers of the 2 towns have started a war on eachother.
The roads are dominated by people in big cars driving like madmen, and anyone who dare to step in front of a car is killed.
To win the game you need to humuliate the enemy town, by stealing their town flag and bring it your own town 10 times.

Terrain
Here is an overwiev of the map:
entiremap.png

Please give me some replies if you played my map.
And replays would be apriciated too.
+rep for both actions.

Screenshots

Changelog:
v1.3
- I've added another hero, the Rider.
- Fixed some bugs.
v1.2
- Heroes Added; Chaos Warrior, Assasin and Gunner
- Fixed some bugs.

Attachments

• CrazyRoadPv1.3.w3x
    1.7 MB · Views: 244

CrazedPyscho

Reaction score
ok the game seems ok not really great and there is 1 major flaw that i noticed... if u run into the path of a car it will kill u......... however if u simply stand still in its path it will just pass through u or manouver round u.. so yea and add a lot more if u want to make it fun i found it boring within 5 minutes :banghead:........ sorry but keep working on it!:thup:

X-maul

Reaction score
there is 1 major flaw that i noticed... if u run into the path of a car it will kill u......... however if u simply stand still in its path it will just pass through u or manouver round u..
hmmm... seems wierd to me - there might be a car missing in a variable somewhere, I gotta check that.

It's intended to kill you instantly nomatter what you do.

add a lot more if u want to make it fun i found it boring within 5 minutes :banghead:........ sorry but keep working on it!:thup:
Y, I'm breaking my head for ideas on new content, because it deffinitly needs more content.

The game started as a minigame which were going to last for 10 minutes or so, but I thought that was too short, so I lengthened that by giving the players a goal instead. 10 Points might be too much, I'll consider adding a dialog for chosing how many points to reach to win.

Thank you very much for testing my map, it's a great help.
+rep for your feedback

------------------------------------------------

I would love to see some of you guys coming up with ideas :)

DuelPlayer

Reaction score
ok the game seems ok not really great and there is 1 major flaw that i noticed... if u run into the path of a car it will kill u......... however if u simply stand still in its path it will just pass through u or manouver round u.. so yea and add a lot more if u want to make it fun i found it boring within 5 minutes :banghead:........ sorry but keep working on it!:thup:

I also have the same problem, I can block the car without dying and i thought it was purposely that because only some cars are "big" enough to kill

X-maul

Reaction score
I also have the same problem, I can block the car without dying and i thought it was purposely that because only some cars are "big" enough to kill

Deffinitly not intended - I'll check it out as soon as possible.

X-maul

Reaction score
Problem with the cars not killing you: fixed.

Uploaded version 1.2 which include 3 new heroes with 2 upgrades each:D

X-maul

Reaction score
Stopped editing on this map... since I got no replies, I somehow lost motivation

- so this thread is concluded dead /:

EDIT
Revived it again
Thanks to Lyzet for leaving some feedback :)

luorax

Invasion in Duskwood
Reaction score
I saw the pics, and i got a bit interested, but since i'm making my map and the school begun again, i don't have any time to play...

Lyzet

Reaction score
Hey x-maul - i know you said its dead, just wanted to tell you one thing.

Hosted it on battle.net - ended up 3v3 and it was okay, a quick and fun map.

But when i then yesterday hosted it over LAN with my 3 buddies the map was very different- different like, really awesome!

A very good map for people to play with their friends- a fun minigame, wich dosent have to last that long, but indeed it can.

Great map, great minigame i'll give it 7/10 for the map- 9/10 for the minigame.

Note: rating for the map is because im more a person who likes long lasting maps .. huge maps with hours of gameplay, and also because 10/10 for me, is the perfect map- wich has... never been made d;

X-maul

Reaction score
Hey x-maul - i know you said its dead, just wanted to tell you one thing.

Hosted it on battle.net - ended up 3v3 and it was okay, a quick and fun map.

But when i then yesterday hosted it over LAN with my 3 buddies the map was very different- different like, really awesome!

A very good map for people to play with their friends- a fun minigame, wich dosent have to last that long, but indeed it can.

Great map, great minigame i'll give it 7/10 for the map- 9/10 for the minigame.

Note: rating for the map is because im more a person who likes long lasting maps .. huge maps with hours of gameplay, and also because 10/10 for me, is the perfect map- wich has... never been made d;

wow:eek: thank you, was pretty sure that people didnt like my map.

Well, when iI tested it with a friend (1v1 game) I noticed that it was unbalanced duo to the fact that if you just buy strength items you get realy OP, especially with the "Chaos Warrior's" magic imunity.

Might take it up sometime again, but it ended up dying pretty much because I had absolutely no feedback, so couldnt come up with anything new to create.

+rep:thup:

Lyzet

Reaction score
wow:eek: thank you, was pretty sure that people didnt like my map.

Well, when iI tested it with a friend (1v1 game) I noticed that it was unbalanced duo to the fact that if you just buy strength items you get realy OP, especially with the "Chaos Warrior's" magic imunity.

Might take it up sometime again, but it ended up dying pretty much because I had absolutely no feedback, so couldnt come up with anything new to create.

+rep:thup:

I didnt really notice the str overpowered thing, to be honest, but heck i didnt find anything to point out that should be changed, neither did i have any ideas to improve it, cause it just made sense all of it, and since its a minigame, my imagination would turn it into evrything else than a minigame, so :)

X-maul

Reaction score
I didnt really notice the str overpowered thing, to be honest, but heck i didnt find anything to point out that should be changed, neither did i have any ideas to improve it, cause it just made sense all of it, and since its a minigame, my imagination would turn it into evrything else than a minigame, so :)

kk, ty :)
The OP thing is an item which increases your strength while equipped, which makes a very big damage increase compared to the normal damage increase - but I dont know if it should be changed dou to the fact that everyone could purchase it. Though its by far the most efficient item in the game as it is by now, and I would like to have it balanced so that all builds could be efficient in different ways.

It might be the fact that I havent tested it with more than 1v1 yet, with more players it might be good.

anyway thank you very much for your feedback :thup:

Lyzet

Reaction score
kk, ty :)
The OP thing is an item which increases your strength while equipped, which makes a very big damage increase compared to the normal damage increase - but I dont know if it should be changed dou to the fact that everyone could purchase it. Though its by far the most efficient item in the game as it is by now, and I would like to have it balanced so that all builds could be efficient in different ways.

It might be the fact that I havent tested it with more than 1v1 yet, with more players it might be good.

anyway thank you very much for your feedback :thup:

Well, wouldnt it work out to decrease the strenght gained from the item?

Im not sure if its possible but you could do something about those items wich seems overpowered- like when u buy the item, it wont give u any strenght- until you did what it tells u to do.

like "To activate the rune of strenght, you must kill x enemies or return x flags"

etc.

So that when u buy the item, it will only work after you have proven yourself worthy of it.

Yeah crazy i know.

X-maul

Reaction score
Well, wouldnt it work out to decrease the strenght gained from the item?

Im not sure if its possible but you could do something about those items wich seems overpowered- like when u buy the item, it wont give u any strenght- until you did what it tells u to do.

like "To activate the rune of strenght, you must kill x enemies or return x flags"

etc.

So that when u buy the item, it will only work after you have proven yourself worthy of it.

Yeah crazy i know.

Hmmm - interresting idea - I'll write it down into my "Crazy Road log" ;)

Lyzet

Reaction score
Sorry i had to reply once again.

Just played it over and over again with some friends last night, and its still a really hilarious and awesome minigame.

But alltho i have to say that a few more classes should be added, aswell as when you are lvl 10 you should be able to upgrade the class.

Now the items could use a little piffy, and yeah now i noticed the overpowered thing by mass producing Vitality of strenght :p

I would suggest removing evrything that increases damage, stats and so on, cause the game should not be to kill others faster, but to use your purchased spellbooks the right way, and survive the turrets, take the flag and get the **** off :)

So if you could add some more items wich benefits you in gameplay methods, and not like characteristic.

Otherwise, really cool map, really funny idea about cars driving like mad.

Bugs found:

Multiboard dosent show "Kills"

When RUSH HOUR begins, nothing happens, i would imagine that would mean more cars, they drive faster, etc- deadly road?

u should make the hitbox (range) or something, a little bit bigger on the cars, since my foot has been mass-overwhelmed by cars without being dead.

X-maul

Reaction score
Sorry i had to reply once again.
Thats a good thing :D
Just played it over and over again with some friends last night, and its still a really hilarious and awesome minigame.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Otherwise, really cool map, really funny idea about cars driving like mad.
thank you :)
But alltho i have to say that a few more classes should be added, aswell as when you are lvl 10 you should be able to upgrade the class.
hmmm as far as i remember it does? anyway will look into it:)
Now the items could use a little piffy, and yeah now i noticed the overpowered thing by mass producing Vitality of strenght :p

I would suggest removing evrything that increases damage, stats and so on, cause the game should not be to kill others faster, but to use your purchased spellbooks the right way, and survive the turrets, take the flag and get the **** off :)

So if you could add some more items wich benefits you in gameplay methods, and not like characteristic.
I will remove the stat increasing and focus on more spellbooks.
Bugs found:

Multiboard dosent show "Kills"
hmm, noticed that too - will look into it, actually think I fixed it in a later version with a little bogs fixed.
When RUSH HOUR begins, nothing happens, i would imagine that would mean more cars, they drive faster, etc- deadly road?
Will check it out :eek:
u should make the hitbox (range) or something, a little bit bigger on the cars, since my foot has been mass-overwhelmed by cars without being dead.
kk, will try to rework it :)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Overall a very great thanks :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.