Created Units not casting spells

pneric

Reaction score
Hi, its been a while since i posted here, but anyway here's my problem.

Im working on a KAEL'THAS remake hero, basically what map does is, you fight Kael using a group of heroes, nothing special yet, but basically thats what it does. Now of course i had to design KAEL, i basically used his default skills and improved them a bit. Here's a breakdown of what they are and what they do:

Flame Strike - same thing, added some special effects
Banish - IMPROVED this, what it does is by using an EMPTY thunder clap skill, i will summon invisible units which cast Banish to all enemies in the area.
Siphon Mana - same as banish, but they drain mana
Phoenix - will work on it later

anyway here's the problem: i was able to fix the triggers for Banish and Siphon mana. they DO summon units and do their thing, THATS WHEN I USE IT, but when i set KAEL to Neutral Hostile so that he fights me, the summoned units dont do anything! what the hell! they are still summoned but they just stand there doing nothing. whats wrong? anyone?

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Can you post the triggers, so we can see what the problem is?

P

PirosThe4th

Are you sure Kael casts the ability?
If yes, then there might be a problem at your trigger, so please, post it.
If no, then be sure to make him cast the ability.

pneric

Reaction score
Mass Banish
Events
Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
Conditions
(Ability being cast) Equal to Thunder Clap <-- just a blank skill, no damage
Actions
Game - Display to (All players) the text: Mass Banish
Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 99999.00 of (Position of (Casting unit)) matching ((((Matching unit) is alive) Equal to True) and (((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of (Casting unit))) Equal to True))) and do (Actions)
Loop - Actions
Unit - Create 1 BanishCaster for (Owner of (Casting unit)) at (Position of (Picked unit)) facing (Position of (Picked unit))
Set BanishCaster = (Last created unit)
Unit - Order BanishCaster to Human Blood Mage - Banish (Picked unit)
Unit - Add a 3.00 second Generic expiration timer to BanishCaster

oh and btw, just an extra question is there ANOTHER way to order a unit to cast a spell? cause what i usually do is EDIT a normal hero skill, such as BANISH in this case, then make that spell a NON-HERO, NON-ITEM skill so that a regular unit, such as a my banish caster use it, then call on the Unit - Order BanishCaster to Human Blood Mage - Banish (Picked unit) thing. thanks guys.

pneric

Reaction score
btw, if i set KAEL to RED, PLayer 1, and i MYSELF use him, they work, the summoned units cast Banish then die after a while. But if i set to Neutral Hostile, he still does the skill, summoned units get summoned, but dont cast anything.

P

PirosThe4th

btw, if i set KAEL to RED, PLayer 1, and i MYSELF use him, they work, the summoned units cast Banish then die after a while. But if i set to Neutral Hostile, he still does the skill, summoned units get summoned, but dont cast anything.

Strange. I didn't see anything wrong with your triggers (except leaks :eek:).

BTW, the awnser to your other question is: Through orders (use order IDs) or custom scripts.

pneric

Reaction score
Strange. I didn't see anything wrong with your triggers (except leaks :eek:).

BTW, the awnser to your other question is: Through orders (use order IDs) or custom scripts.

what leaks?

can you elaborate on ORDER IDs? lol imma noobersauace
i dont really know custom scripts bleh!

is there any way i can post my map for you guys to DL and well try out?

P

PirosThe4th

what leaks?

can you elaborate on ORDER IDs? lol imma noobersauace
i dont really know custom scripts bleh!

is there any way i can post my map for you guys to DL and well try out?

Leaks:
Code:
[B]Unit Group[/B] - Pick every unit in [B](Units within 99999.00 of (Position of (Casting unit))[/B]matching ((((Matching unit) is alive) Equal to True) and (((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of (Casting unit))) Equal to True))) and do (Actions)

R= 2 leaks.

You can use the IDs (codes of the abilities that can be used in orders. Just check the ability editor and look at any spell. Every single one of them have an Order ID) at an issue order action.

Well, upload the map through the Helper. Probably by testing it we'll find the problem.

pneric

Reaction score
here's the map, and here's the deal:

KAEL is set to RED (Player 1), this means you can use him, now if you try the abilities, they all work (except for the last one, dont mind)

now since my map is a "kill kael" map, the computer will be the one to use it, when i set him to BLUE (Player 2 - computer ) or Neutral Hostile, when he does the abilities, they still work, but the summoned units dont.

Attachments

• Kael.w3x
    18.7 KB · Views: 96

Exide

I am amazingly focused right now!
Reaction score
>Created Units not casting spells
Created via trigger?
Try having a building build it, or preplace the unit, and see if it works better?

pneric

Reaction score
hmm not sure about the building thing, if u dled the map i attached, the skill activates the trigger which spawns the units.

Exide

I am amazingly focused right now!
Reaction score
I actually didn't read the whole thread carefully. :eek: :p

Code:
Unit - Create 1 BanishCaster for (Owner of (Casting unit)) at (Position of (Picked unit)) facing (Position of (Picked unit))
Set BanishCaster = (Last created unit)

//Try putting a short wait here?//

Unit - Order BanishCaster to Human Blood Mage - Banish (Picked unit)
Unit - Add a 3.00 second Generic expiration timer to BanishCaster

Also, you should fix the leaks. :p

pneric

Reaction score
speaking of leaks, im not getting it! :S

what exactly is leaking? and what part of my code is the "leak"?

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
Just to clarify things :p. Actually I'm having similar problem as well. This is not only true for Neutral Hostile, even to computer players (for me). Not sure why the dummies are not casting the spells. Probably they are hidden or locusted or something? Not sure what's the problem. I'd like to know the answer myself. :)

(When I create AI, and when there are computer players, I'm not sure why the dummies refuse to cast spell =.=)

Note: Sorry, this is like stealing your thread. Hope you don't mind.

P

PirosThe4th

Leaks

speaking of leaks, im not getting it! :S

what exactly is leaking? and what part of my code is the "leak"?

I already showed you where the leaks are.

Let me try to explain leaks: A leak is like a game which you left installed and forgot to uninstall. Even if you don't use it, it remains there, occupying space. A leak using that space causes lag when there's too many of it. Basically, anything you create and don't remove on Warcraft leaks.

Here the ones who leak:

Unit Groups, Points, Units (Dummies), Special Effects, Player Groups (At special cases), Regions (At special cases).

Here the ones who don't leak:

Reals, Integers, Players, etc. Basically, all that haven't be shown before as ones that leak.

To remove the leak, set the thing you want to create in a variable.
Examples:

Set UnitGroup = (Units in (Playabe Map Area))
Set Point = (Position of (Triggering Unit))

And then remove it (look for the Custom script action):

Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_YourPointVariableName)
Custom script: call RemoveRect (udg_YourRegionVariableName)
Custom script: call DestroyGroup (udg_YourUnitGroupVariableName)
Custom script: call DestroyForce (udg_YourPlayerGroupVariableName)

Warning! You can remove Special Effects and Units through the GUI actions:

Special Effect - Destroy (YourSEVariableName)
Unit - Add a ** seconds Generic expiration timer to (YourUnitVariableName)

Just be aware that sometimes you don't need to put Units or Special Effects in variables or destroy Unit/Player Groups.

I'm gonna test your map now.

Dakho

()[o__o]()
Reaction score
For some reason you can't issue orders through triggers for neutral passive/hostile units, it seems to me.

Instead make him brown or something, one of those way down teams.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +2
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New recipe is another summer dessert Berry and Peach Cheesecake - https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-berry-and-peach-cheesecake.194169/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.