Creating a Trio Hero Model

r1z1ngw4r

Cool Member
Reaction score
For a Hero, I want to make a Trio. Here's the idea:

The Hero is actually 3 different people/creatures. I'm not really sure how to make the model but I tried a unit attachment but it just ended up the other 2 people of the trio to be layered on top of each other (they all use the same model). The attachment points I used are origin,left/right. I want the units to be in sort of a delta/triangle formation:

• •
(•)

(The para's are there to put the dot in place)

Can someone help please? Thanks!

MateoSoetsu

Reaction score
Do you want each of the three heroes to be able to move/attack/cast separately or only one of the three?

I have a rough system for controlling the movements of 2 units following the orders of a primary unit. At rest the units form a triangle. The unit is based off of the soldiers from Ogre Battle 64 for the map I'm making.

r1z1ngw4r

Cool Member
Reaction score
This is kind of a bit tough, but I want them to attack when the main hero attacks. And the two other heroes just follow.

But then another complicated part is when the primary hero casts Tri-Ability (something like that) the other 2 cast other abilities as well. (i.e. Prim. casts Fire, Sec.'s cast Water and Thunder).

Thanks!

MateoSoetsu

Reaction score
Ok I'm not going to post my triggers because I have like 20 for my map that relate to my soldier hero but I will try to explain them as best as I can. (also some of my triggers leaks, so I have to fix them anyway)

First, when the primary hero enters the map, I set a custom value for him. I then create the other 2 heroes and set the same custom value to them, all of these are set to different unit variables w/ arrays. I set the unit variable array to this custom value so when ever I order my primary soldier to do something I can use triggers to refer to the other 2 heroes as well.

Then I made a bunch of triggers for basic unit orders. So when the primary unit is ordered to move or attack, the 2 other heroes are also ordered to move and attack.

In the case of movement I order the 2 other heroes to move 75units from the primary hero, offset by 210 degrees and -210degrees. That is roughly the triangle that I wanted them to reform as when they get to the target position. They don't stay very close when moving or attacking but when at rest they attempt to reform to their triangle.

r1z1ngw4r

Cool Member
Reaction score
Thanks. But when I issue the move command, one of the heroes move to the center of the map and the other hero follows.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.