Creating blood stains on the ground

gameshow

Reaction score
I'm trying to create blood stains around units suffering from particular effects, and want decal-like behavior. I can find plenty of nicely animated blood-splosions, but just want a static, sits on the ground, micro-puddle. Does this exist?

Epiphany - i probably could spawn a unit with a suitable decay animation, and just play the animation as soon as it's created. If there's another way, let me know.

WolfieeifloW

WEHZ Helper
Reaction score
I don't know of a way.
Just import a custom model I believe.
Or look through Spawned Effects, there's a lot of blood animations in there.

gameshow

Reaction score
Yeah. Unfortunately, all the spawned effects are beautifully animated. I need soemthing that just sits on the ground.

Builder Bob

Live free or don't
Reaction score
I can put one together for you. Give me a moment.

Edit: just create and destroy a special effect with the path of this model to create a stain at the given coordinates

Viikuna

No Marlo no game.
Reaction score
Maybe a custom ubersplat would work best dont you think?

gameshow

Reaction score

Edit: just create and destroy a special effect with the path of this model to create a stain at the given coordinates

Now i'm curious. What tools did you use to concoct this? I grabbed magos' model editor, but found it extremely cumbersome compared to maya or other modeling tools. Did you crank this out with the editor?

D.V.D

Make a wish
Reaction score
You could use Gmax(it's free) Milk Shape(It's free) and 3ds Max which costs like $3000. If your using Gmax, you need a program to convert the model into wc3 file(.mdx or .mdl).

gameshow

Reaction score
You could use Gmax(it's free) Milk Shape(It's free) and 3ds Max which costs like $3000. If your using Gmax, you need a program to convert the model into wc3 file(.mdx or .mdl).

I'll see if i can hunt down a converter. I have a copy of maya so i'd like to use that if i can.

gameshow

Reaction score

I can't seem to get anything to display. I'm using create special effect and destroy, and the trigger works with other special effects. This one just comes up blank. Any ideas?

Builder Bob

Live free or don't
Reaction score
The most common thing is that the game haven't recognized the model. Save map and reset the world editor fixes that.

Uploaded a map showing the blood works.
Uploaded the .mdl as well.

What tools did you use to concoct this?
I used 3ds Max + some editing in the .mdl

gameshow

Reaction score
this is beautiful. I'll try resetting the editor when i get home (haven't shut it down in days)

OogaBooga

Reaction score
Potential Option

If you spawn or place the Starcraft Marines on the map and then kill them at initialization, it'll leave a bloodstain. Just turn off the corpse decay and you're good to go.

gameshow

Reaction score
The most common thing is that the game haven't recognized the model. Save map and reset the world editor fixes that.

Uploaded a map showing the blood works.
Uploaded the .mdl as well.

I used 3ds Max + some editing in the .mdl

Ok, so after looking at your map, i realized that I, in a true dumb@$$ fashion, had not actually imported the .mdx. just referred to it w/my custom path. So now ive imported it, it works, and i'm very grateful. If this map ever actually sees the light of day, i'll make certain you get a thank you. Now i'm amazed that your imported blood effect on your map, according to the import manager, is in "effects/bloodstainhuman2.mdx". On my map, when I imported it, it ended up in "war3imports/bloodstainhuman2.mdx" How'd you get your folder to be something else?

EDIT: Nevermind, clearly, dumb@$$ applies. Just found that "custom path" checkbox.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.