Creep Respawn Problem (+rep)

United

Reaction score
I have two questions. My first question is probably pretty simple: How can you make creeps less aggressive? IE. I have two zones of creeps, with a wall in-between. When I attack one group, the other walks around the wall to attack, as well. How can I change this?

My second question is a bit more complicated: My creep respawn system does not work. In the editor I placed creeps where I want them to originally be. My triggers are like this:

Events - Unit - Nerubian - Spiderling 1 0024 <gen> Dies
Conditions - None
Actions - Wait 30.00 seconds
Hero - Instantly revive (Triggering unit) at (Random point in Nerubian Spawn 1 <gen>), Show revival graphics

My creeps are heroes. Some of my creeps respawn, but the majority do not. What can I do to fix this? Whoever can answer my question will recieve rep.

NiKaNoRoU_GR

Reaction score
United said:
I have two questions. My first question is probably pretty simple: How can you make creeps less aggressive? IE. I have two zones of creeps, with a wall in-between. When I attack one group, the other walks around the wall to attack, as well. How can I change this?

My second question is a bit more complicated: My creep respawn system does not work. In the editor I placed creeps where I want them to originally be. My triggers are like this:

Conditions - None
Hero - Instantly revive (Triggering unit) at (Random point in Nerubian Spawn 1 <gen>), Show revival graphics

My creeps are heroes. Some of my creeps respawn, but the majority do not. What can I do to fix this? Whoever can answer my question will recieve rep.
For respawn, you can make aregion that respawns dead units:
HTML:
Events:
Unit dies
Conditions:
Dying unit equal to Nerubian spiderling
Actions:
Wait 30 seconds
Revive dying unit instantly at region <gen>

Saiza

Reaction score
I have two questions. My first question is probably pretty simple: How can you make creeps less aggressive? IE. I have two zones of creeps, with a wall in-between. When I attack one group, the other walks around the wall to attack, as well. How can I change this? Make them less sight range I guess.

Conditions - None

Try this instead:
Respawn
Events
Unit - A unit Dies
Conditions
Actions
Wait 20.00 seconds
Unit - Create 1 (Unit-type of (Dying unit)) for (Owner of (Dying unit)) at (Position of (Dying unit)) facing Default building facing degrees

Saiza

Reaction score
Ahhh, you got before me :p Well, my tea is done so I guess I take it and go to sleep, rep me aswell if you like ^^

NiKaNoRoU_GR

Reaction score
Saiza said:
I have two questions. My first question is probably pretty simple: How can you make creeps less aggressive? IE. I have two zones of creeps, with a wall in-between. When I attack one group, the other walks around the wall to attack, as well. How can I change this? Make them less sight range I guess.

Conditions - None

Try this instead:
Respawn
Events
Unit - A unit Dies
Conditions
Actions
Wait 20.00 seconds
Unit - Create 1 (Unit-type of (Dying unit)) for (Owner of (Dying unit)) at (Position of (Dying unit)) facing Default building facing degrees
Saiza, next time use the Quote button, and didn't you say it's time to sleep? :rolleyes:
EDIT: oh, you ARE going offline...and use the edit button, too, don't double-post ;)

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
for the attacks past the wall part try lowering the target aquisiton range, and for the revive, use the triggers already posted

Saiza

Reaction score

yeye, I diddent do that becouse im so sleepy :p

Oh and yes, I am going to sleep, it's just that when I said it... I feelt that I needed my daily cup of tea before i was going to sleep, so I putted on tea water and then I searched some more here ;)

United

Reaction score
Thanks Slapshot, but I already tried the Acquisition range. Maybe I just didn't do it right. I'll check that out.

As for the respawning, I don't want to create a new unit at the dying point of that unit because then players will lure the creeps to a fountain and abuse it. As for creating new units, that screws up the event because after the initial unit dies, the trigger for specific unit event won't fire. I can't find the plain "Revive dying unit" in the Unit section of triggers. Is it order a unit (an altar) to revive them? or what?

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
you can try creating a region for creeps and makeing them respawn in a random point in that region to stop people from lureing em to a fountain

United

Reaction score
Slapshot136 said:
you can try creating a region for creeps and makeing them respawn in a random point in that region to stop people from lureing em to a fountain

This is exactly what I'm trying to do, but it isn't working.

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
k il guide u thru it

first make a region (region editor, add region)

then make this trigger

event - a unit dies
conditions - unit type of dying unit = (w/e)
actions -
wait (w/e sec)
unit create 1 unit of (unit type of triggering unit) at a random point within region (name of region u made)

and it should work

United

Reaction score
No, that won't work because I'm using a "Specific Unit Event" trigger, not a generic one.

edit: This is why I need to revive the creep, instead of creating new ones.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.