Creep Return Distance/Time

Arberden

Reaction score
Hi, I am making a sort of 6v6 aos map and use neutral victim and extra for the creep waves.I changed the gameplay constants such that the return distance and time is max but i have neutral hostile creeps that do not return to their camps now. What is the best way of doing making creeps return to their camps after a certain time or travelling a certain distance.I have about 30 camps so I don't want to do it manually by when unit enter certain region. unit belong to neutral hostile. wait then order him back to the region. Thanks in advance

Bigheaded

Reaction score
Basically this is all stuff which is in gameplay constraints.

Creeps - Guard distance
: change this to 200, this means when they return to camp they will be at MOST 200 from their original location. i would not reecommend 0. Also if you are fighting at under 200 range, they will not run back to their camp area, as this defines the camp area. at 250 range they will run back till they are at under 200, at this point they may turn back if the creep or a nearby creep is attacked nearby.
Creeps - Guard Return Distance (how far they can run before they are forced to return) - Depends on the map? if you want to prevent "creep pulling" keep this number at a maximum of 1000 (luring "neutral hostile" creeps into "allied" creeps forcing them to fight, then last hitting the neutral hostile units to receive the gold, without taking damage) i doubt they'll run very far anyway.
Creeps - Return time, so how long they will fight for outside of their guard range, so if this range is only 200, they will return a lot faster. - Your choice on the number again, don't make it too low or ranged heroes can lure them out then attack them when they flee WAY to easily. 5-7 secs is about right imo

Arberden

Reaction score
If i set it according to this, won't the neutral victim and hostile creeps from creep waves just return to their creation point after moving a few hundred range?

azareus

And you know it.
Reaction score
Yes they will. You could make a region for each creep camp, and check if the creeps from that camp gets over xxx range away with a trigger. If they do, order them to go back.

Bigheaded

Reaction score
Does it need to be XXX range? There probably is but i must admit i didn't see it.

Personally i would have Event: unit leaves area
Condition: Player controlling unit = creeps
Condition: Region equal to "Camp near bottom lane" or whatever
Actions:
wait 5-10 seconds (can be made random or a set period of time)
Give order "move" to triggering unit to centre of "triggering region?" (not sure if triggering region would be there but it should be)

The problem with as it is, is that you will need a separate trigger for each creep camp.

So this means you can't lure the creeps too far out and forces them to return after a set amount of seconds. If you fight them inside their creep area, they will just fight.

GFreak45

I didnt slap you, i high 5'd your face.
Reaction score
just make another region thats centered at the same point but has a larger range (xxx times 2 because it has to include the extra area on both sides)

Arberden

Reaction score
Does it need to be XXX range? There probably is but i must admit i didn't see it.

Personally i would have Event: unit leaves area
Condition: Player controlling unit = creeps
Condition: Region equal to "Camp near bottom lane" or whatever
Actions:
wait 5-10 seconds (can be made random or a set period of time)
Give order "move" to triggering unit to centre of "triggering region?" (not sure if triggering region would be there but it should be)

The problem with as it is, is that you will need a separate trigger for each creep camp.

So this means you can't lure the creeps too far out and forces them to return after a set amount of seconds. If you fight them inside their creep area, they will just fight.

just make another region thats centered at the same point but has a larger range (xxx times 2 because it has to include the extra area on both sides)

Both your suggestions require a trigger for each camp which I stated in first post to ask for an easier way as I have over 30 camps

GFreak45

I didnt slap you, i high 5'd your face.
Reaction score
i see

you could make them neutral extra, make all players enemies of neutral extra and trigger their attack/help range and return range

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.