Creep Revival Trigger Issues.

Dridien

Reaction score
Alright, im trying to get a respawn trigger for an AoS that will respawn any pre-placed units where they were originally. it also has to be able to last longer than the decay time (edited to 30 seconds. respawn needs to be ~10-15 minutes) and spawn them for their original owner, not just neutral hostile.

After hours of trying it for myself and searching through tutorials and such, ive got it working... mostly.

The first few times the unit dies it works perfectly, but than just stops working for no explainable reason.

Here's what I've got so far.

This is run on Map Initiation with my, well, Initiation trigger.
Trigger:
  • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area) matching ((((Triggering unit) is A structure) Equal to (==) False) and (((Triggering unit) is A Hero) Equal to (==) False))) and do (Actions)
    • Loop - Actions
      • Set Revive_Int = (Revive_Int + 1)
      • Unit - Set the custom value of (Picked unit) to Revive_Int
      • Set Revive_Unit[Revive_Int] = (Picked unit)
      • Set Revive_Player[Revive_Int] = (Owner of Revive_Unit[Revive_Int])
      • Custom script: set udg_Revive_X[udg_Revive_Int] = GetUnitX(GetEnumUnit())
      • Custom script: set udg_Revive_Y[udg_Revive_Int] = GetUnitY(GetEnumUnit())

Than for the actual revive trigger i have

JASS:
function Trig_Creep_Revive_Copy_Conditions takes nothing returns boolean
    if ( not ( GetUnitUserData(GetDyingUnit()) > 0 ) ) then
        return false
    endif
    return true
endfunction

function Trig_Creep_Revive_Copy_Actions takes nothing returns nothing
    local integer Revive_Custom
    set Revive_Custom = GetUnitUserData(GetTriggerUnit())
    call TriggerSleepAction( 10.00 )
    set udg_TempPoint1 = GetRectCenter(GetEntireMapRect())
    set udg_TempPoint2 = OffsetLocation(udg_TempPoint1, udg_Revive_X[Revive_Custom], udg_Revive_Y[Revive_Custom])
    call CreateNUnitsAtLoc( 1, GetUnitTypeId(udg_Revive_Unit[Revive_Custom]), udg_Revive_Player[Revive_Custom], udg_TempPoint2, GetRandomReal(0, 360.00) )
    call SetUnitUserData( GetLastCreatedUnit(), Revive_Custom )
    call RemoveLocation (udg_TempPoint1)
    call RemoveLocation (udg_TempPoint2)
endfunction

//===========================================================================
function InitTrig_Creep_Revive_Copy takes nothing returns nothing
    set gg_trg_Creep_Revive_Copy = CreateTrigger(  )
    call TriggerRegisterAnyUnitEventBJ( gg_trg_Creep_Revive_Copy, EVENT_PLAYER_UNIT_DEATH )
    call TriggerAddCondition( gg_trg_Creep_Revive_Copy, Condition( function Trig_Creep_Revive_Copy_Conditions ) )
    call TriggerAddAction( gg_trg_Creep_Revive_Copy, function Trig_Creep_Revive_Copy_Actions )
endfunction

I know almost nothing of jass, so the above trigger is 98% done in GUI than just converted. i than just made Revive_Custom a local.

Heres the GUI version of that
Trigger:
  • Creep Revive
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
      • (Custom value of (Dying unit)) Greater than (>) 0
    • Actions
      • Set Revive_Custom = (Custom value of (Triggering unit))
      • Wait 10.00 seconds
      • Set TempPoint1 = (Center of (Entire map))
      • Set TempPoint2 = (TempPoint1 offset by (Revive_X[Revive_Custom], Revive_Y[Revive_Custom]))
      • Unit - Create 1 (Unit-type of Revive_Unit[Revive_Custom]) for Revive_Player[Revive_Custom] at TempPoint2 facing (Random real number between 0.00 and 360.00) degrees
      • Unit - Set the custom value of (Last created unit) to Revive_Custom
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_TempPoint1)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_TempPoint2)

I have no idea whats wrong with it, to me it all seems perfect... but it just stops reviving certain units after a few deaths. also the 10 second respawn is only set like that for testing... cuz im not waiting 10-15 mins each test to see if it works :p

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
Code:
Creep Revive
    Events
        Unit - A unit Dies
    Conditions
        (Custom value of (Dying unit)) Greater than (>) 0
    Actions
        Wait 10.00 seconds
        [B]Set Revive_Custom = (Custom value of (Triggering unit))[/B]
        Set TempPoint1 = (Center of (Entire map))
        Set TempPoint2 = (TempPoint1 offset by (Revive_X[Revive_Custom], Revive_Y[Revive_Custom]))
        Unit - Create 1 (Unit-type of Revive_Unit[Revive_Custom]) for Revive_Player[Revive_Custom] at TempPoint2 facing (Random real number between 0.00 and 360.00) degrees
        Unit - Set the custom value of (Last created unit) to Revive_Custom
        Custom script:   call RemoveLocation (udg_TempPoint1)
        Custom script:   call RemoveLocation (udg_TempPoint2)

Just change the above. Retain the use of GUI. It's still MUI. (Your JASS version has something wrong regarding your local integer. There should be a udg_ prefix for the variable) Anyway, remove the JASS code and use the GUI instead.

Dridien

Reaction score
Thank you for pointing out that it works in GUI form, but the same thing seems to happen even with the GUI trigger... i just understand what I'm doing a little more since its not Jass anymore :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.