Creep Spawn trigger trouble.

BlightWarden

Reaction score
I can't seem to find the correct condition. I need this trigger >

Trigger:
  • (Number of living units owned by player in region) Equal to 0

Here's what I'm trying to do and my problem in detail incase it helps.

I have multipul regions that contain the same unit, (treants). When a region has 0 treants in it, I need it to respawn another treant. The only trigger that I can find is this
Trigger:
  • Creep Spawner alternate Copy
    • Events
    • Conditions
      • (Number of living Cedar Wretch units owned by Neutral Hostile) Equal to 0

The problem is that neutral hostile will always have atleast 1 Cedar Wretch, so the trigger will never activate. I'v tried dying unit in region, but if a player pulls the unit out of the region then the trigger will never activate.

So I need a specific path to the trigger that lists generic unit > owning player >region for my trigger to work. I think a "AND" condition would solve this but I do not know which triggers to use.

What I want. When region A contains 0 cedar wretches, create 1 cedar wretch at region A for playerA. I hope I made that understandable. I'm a bit tired and had a few drinks.;)

Thanks for any and all replies.

Hellohihi

Reaction score
Trigger:
  • Untitled Trigger 004
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set Temp_Group = (Units in Region 001 <gen> matching ((((Matching unit) is alive) Equal to True) and (((Region 001 <gen> contains (Matching unit)) Equal to True) and ((Unit-type of (Matching unit)) Equal to Footman))))
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Number of units in Temp_Group) Equal to 0
        • Then - Actions
          • -------- Your Actions Here --------
        • Else - Actions
          • Do nothing
      • Custom script: call DestroyGroup(udg_Temp_Group)

BlightWarden

Reaction score
Thanks very much for the replies. But where do I find this path?

Trigger:
  • Actions
    • Set Temp_Group = (Units in Region 001 <gen> matching ((((Matching unit) is alive) Equal to True) and (((Region 001 <gen> contains (Matching unit)) Equal to True) and ((Unit-type of (Matching unit)) Equal to Footman))))

lol, I have no idea where this is found and I keep going in circles looking for it.:D

Sui-cookie

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
heh, he made a variable named 'Temp_group' and used the 'set variable' action to get that. its just a few under "do nothing"

BlightWarden

Reaction score
Correct and I know how to set variable, the problem is, I do not know where to locate the correct path in [Index]. I also do not know how to find the "AND" function in Actions.

[edit1]
This is what I keep ending up with:

Trigger:
  • Untitled Trigger 002
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set Temp_Group_A[(Number of units in (Units in (Playable map area) matching ((((Matching unit) is in (Units in F1CedarRegion1 <gen> matching (((Triggering unit) is alive) Equal to True))) Equal to True) and (((Matching unit) is in (Units in F1CedarRegion1 <gen>)) = (Units of type (Unit-type of (Matching unit)))

Not sure if thats even correct. But I can't seem to find the correct path in value so I cant get the last trigger with adding a third "AND" and if I do that, then I have a empty value. It doesn't end up looking like the trigger by hellohihi.

[edit2]
So, I figured out how to add in "AND" but I don't know how to deal with the value at the end. SO my finished trigger looks like this.

Trigger:
  • Untitled Trigger 003
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set Temp_Group_A[(Number of units in (Units in F1CedarRegion1 <gen> matching ((((Matching unit) is alive) Equal to True) and (((F1CedarRegion1 <gen> contains (Matching unit)) Equal to True) and ((Unit-type of (Matching unit)) Equal to Cedar Wretch)))))] = (Last created unit group)

So I need to fix it so either there is no value at the end, or the value works with the trigger so it looks like hellohihi's trigger. But I can't figure out how to do it. I need to get rid of = (Last created unit group)

PS: What variable type is Temp_Group??? Interger?

Komaqtion

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Temp_Group is a Unit Group variable :D
And it's not supposed to be an array, as i see you've created there :S
It's not supposed to be "= Last Created unit group"
You should just set Temp_Group = and all those "And"s after the "=" :D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.