Creeps pulling other creeps.

Qdden

Reaction score
Greetings. yet i have been hanging around these forums and i have to admit you guys are really good with the editor and jazz. i have searched but have found no answers to this question:
When i attack a creep other creeps nearby come to attack me aswell. can you decrease the range of this somewere?

Thanks.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yes.
Gameplay constants, call for help
Or make the creep "camp"

Also. Its JASS. Not Jazz.

Qdden

Reaction score
Thanks for the replys but i cant find it in the gameplay constants :banghead:
Im not using jass if it may only be there.

Qdden

Reaction score
Ah! lol im sorry for being blind. i just starred at creep - something.

It does not work i put both "Call for help creep" and "call for help" to 0 and they still keep comming

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
0 is probably not a good idea.

How close exactly are they to each other?
If they can see you, no help range will change that... as in, if they have higher acquisition range that help range...

Qdden

Reaction score
http://kudden.skanaar.com/range.jpg

This is the range. i dont get attacked as soon as i start the map also the creeps are set to camp mode, the Call for help creep is at '1' and their sight radius is about 100. Ideas?

Edit:
I have now set anything i can think of to be a problem (call for help, Acqisition range, Guard distance and the creeps sight radius) to 1. Creeps still keep pulling each other though i can walk as close as possible without they attacking me if i don't attack them first (sight radius).

After som googleing i found other threads with the same problem though no solution. Any ideas could be helpful :banghead:
Thanks in advance. :(

Qdden

Reaction score
Creeps problem solution?

SInce i can't seem to get the "combat - call for help creep" constant to work i ask for a way to go around this problem. Maby changing the player control of the creeps in some way. I want the creeps to attack when a player walks by.
Now when i attack a creep other creeps narby attack me aswell and i only want 1 to fight.

pandamoniuma

Reaction score
Set the acquisition range of your creep units to 0 in the object editor under Combat, then check periodically if a unit is in range to attack

Event - Every 0.1 seconds of the game

Unit group pick every unit owned by neutral hostile

If distance between picked unit and (your hero) less than 500
then order picked unit to attack (your hero)

Qdden

Reaction score
How do i check the distance?
Does this work while the creeps are neutral hostile since they call for help when i attack them.

SerraAvenger

Cuz I can
Reaction score
Set the acquisition range of your creep units to 0 in the object editor under Combat, then check periodically if a unit is in range to attack

Event - Every 0.1 seconds of the game

Unit group pick every unit owned by neutral hostile

If distance between picked unit and (your hero) less than 500
then order picked unit to attack (your hero)

false
This will wether:
a) still cause them to attack everybody in the map as an acquisitionrange of less then 50 means an infinite acquisition range ( I can tell by experience )
b) stop him from attacking anyone as the attacking range will be set to acquisition range when the acquisition range is lower then the attack range ( as long as the aqcuisition range is set in the OE. If you set it by code, this won't happen )

Qdden

Reaction score
I tryed to put the Call for help range 51 but that didn't change anything.
Is there no way to get around this problem?

Edit. I changed the Creep - Maximum Creep Camp Radius constant and that seem to do the trick.
I guess the creeps attack in the same creep camp even though the call for help range is 0. Not really suprising :)

Z

zackrel

just try this:

Creeps - Maximum Creep Camp Radius (pathing cells) 1
Combat - Call For Help Range, Creeps 1

It's work pretty well on my RPG map.

Good luck dude:shades:

RockLou

Reaction score
Are you saying that will work, if I change that and with a creep that has a normal target acquisition range?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.