Custom ability help!

archkyle

Reaction score
so i have almost finished my murloc army... there is one thing a friend on mine really wants to see them able to do...

similar to lucifer's scourched earth from dota... make specific units able to move faster on specific terrain, like water...

which abilities can i use as a foundation for this??

also, if anyone knows which ability was used for morphlings wave spell... i would like to use that one aswell!

thanks!

istar

Reaction score
eh, lucifer dont check for terrain i think, it creates a dummy unit in its position and use the come into unit range event if i am not wrong
the terrain isnt changed at all, just some graphic from flamestrike
i supposed the dmg on ground part of the scorched earth can be based on flamestrike
the ms bonus is probably a trigger added buff(bloodlust?) to boost its ms while in range of the dummy
the actual morphling wave spell is very complex, apparently there is some control bug with it that causes people to lose control in its original version, not just a simple hide and unhide hero
the base ability is probably just carrion swarm

archkyle

Reaction score
What about an ability like shackle... but able to move around with the target in the net... does anyone know how that ability is made? a friend of mine really wants to see that...

and as far as specific terrain allowing faster movement... it would prolly be a trigger then... ok.. TY!!!

Azylaminaz

Vox Populi
Reaction score
Not everyone plays DotA (me). What does this ability? Adjust your movement speed on specific terrains?

I would just make a dummy ability. Then do periodic checks to check what terrain type the unit is on, and give it a specific speed bonus ability. Remove it when terrain changes and add another.

istar

Reaction score
when did shackles in dota allow the target to move?
unless you meant something like meat hook, which is a trigger that setunitX/Y
its just a shackles skill with targets changed

archkyle

Reaction score
from what i was told, chaos knight used to have a net that he could drag ppl around with! never seen it myself but it sounds cool!!

FarAwaY

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
lol dragging a person wif a net?
that is a triggered spell alrdy, u cant do it based off normal spells.

Are you sure you have the appropriate skill to make the spell? it involves using triggers and such which means it may be quite advanced for ur lvl if ur not too experienced wif map making.

As for the spell, I may be able to make it but it will take some time

istar

Reaction score
it wasnt chaos knight, it was some other hero, you can access to it in dota in -fun mode...
-.-
you were talking about shackles, i tot its another ability
its a ensnare ability, then continously set the target unitX/Y to the caster
not too sure how it works, sounds like this, never played it before

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.