Custom Games...?

Trouble

Reaction score
So.. Not entirely sure what they did with custom games in SC2. Whenever I open up the Custom Game List, there's the same selection of games every time. How is this different from the WC3 custom games listing? Rather, how exactly does it work? I'm kind-of confused.

2-P

I will work hard tomorrow
Reaction score
The maps are sorted by popularity in SC2. The more popular the map is, the higher it is on the list.
Since people only play the maps on the top of the list, only the popular maps are being played and well, they get more popular. That's why you always see the same maps, the "unpopular" maps have no chance to catch up.

And if you host a game you can't choose your own game name, it's always the name of the map.
So let's say you see the name "Nexus Wars" on the game list, then it's not a single game, but all Nexus Wars games that are being hosted at the moment. And if you join you're being assigned to one of those games.

Trouble

Reaction score
That's... just silly. That simply throttles the whole possibility of people pioneering custom map genres.

Jaujarahje

I have now changed this in the User CP
Reaction score
You do see new maps pop up once in a while, Income wars, for example, popped up lately. Ultimate Tank Defence wasn't on the top before. While it can take a while, new maps do make it up there every so often, just expect ones like Nexus Wars to stay on top for a long long time

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.