Custom GUI

Running_dap

Reaction score
I remember playing a DBZ map (cant remember which one though) where the GUI (gamer's user's interface) was custom. It had a coloured backround picture of some DBZ characters and it didnt like anything like castlewalls(if u control humans, u see that the GUI looks like castle walls) or full of bones (for controlling Undead). Anyone knows how that's done?

Igor_Z

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
U mean UI(the game interface) because GUI means making spells in triggers... Ok I dunno whats prob... Are there some models in this DBZ map? Explain a little more...

Reaction score
You need to import a file that overights the default UI. You can find the exact path of the UI in the game interface tab , under advanced in the world editor.

Then import an image and change its path to , that path in the interface tab.

Running_dap

Reaction score
You need to import a file that overights the default UI. You can find the exact path of the UI in the game interface tab , under advanced in the world editor.

Then import an image and change its path to , that path in the interface tab.

interface tab? you mean "advanced->game interface..."? I have found a "Image - Tooltip Background". Is that the one? Btw if the UI is something from the game interface how can i export it? Do i need to find it at the "War3ModelEditor"?

Reaction score
1) Find the path of the UI
2) Import your image ( WHATEVER IMAGE YOU WANT..)
3) Change its path to the UI's path.

saw792

Is known to say things. That is all.
Reaction score
GUI = Graphical User Interface

GUI Trigger Editing is using the World Editor's Graphical User Interface to create... triggers rather than a text based interface.

Just though I'd clear that up.

denmax

Reaction score
I think he is referring to masks. Like black and white masks but only with a custom image and that it is quite transparent.

Igor_Z

Reaction score
To export something like the hero's XP bar u need to find and download the image extractor. From there u can export it, edit it and import it again with the same name. That way it will be overwritten... Hope i helped u somehow :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.