Custom(ish) units

Elf Alpha

Reaction score
Hey all hi all,

I'm making a map in which there is a central base of (sort of) Night Elves. That is, they're almost like the standard Elves, but I want them to be able to train and use some "campaign only" units (like sentries) and some technically non-elven units, such as Blood Elf engineers. Their base buildings would be the corrupted Trees of Life, Ages, Eternity and so on (at least until this demon is killed, when they will revert to "regular" elven trees).

I tried to get the AI to start using them, but it does nothing. I've gotten the AI to do building structures and units and so on, but only with a standard race.

As it is, they are classified in the race field of the Object Editor as "custom". Should they be "elves"? Would that screw up settings for any player using Elves in this map? Like giving them access to these new units? (These different Elves are meant for a computer-only player). The only way I can get them to do anything is to tell the computer to run a standard melee ai script, but then they don't train or use any new units, just the few that ae on the map at initialization. Not sure exactly what it is I'm doing wrong...

dudeim

Reaction score
i don't know much about the AI editor but i though you can check a custom race their to so you could enhance it.

Elf Alpha

Reaction score
Yeah, they just sit there. Like I said, I did a very simplistic test of an AI script with regular units that worked fine, so it makes me think the problem is with the fact that I'm using custom units? But I've edited every single thing they're supposed to build or train ('cos I don't think Orc peons can be told to build a Necropolis, for eg.)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.