Custom skill Multishot?

but that error says its not in the right position.. or something like that.. i dunno, i am not the programming genius, you are :p

Lol, i'm not programming genius, someone else did the spell for me, but I know how you import it.

I could make one in GUI, you'll have to give me a while, though... it's long. ;)

Just to clarify, you want the Diablo II spell, right?

Another question: 1 arrow hit per target? Or can, say, all the arrows hit the same target (this leads to huge damage based on arrow count).

The more info you give, the easier it is to make. I'm not working with vJASS here.

Hildagarn said:
JASS:
cope Strafe initializer Init
Change that line to:
JASS:
scope Strafe initializer Init

The s in scope is important, missing it is likely why JASSHelper is saying your lines are not within a scope.

well, it realy depends.
if you want to make a multishot that jumps, used chainlightning and smoothen it out.
if you want multiple people shot at once, use forked lightning.
if you want a unit with multishot, id say go liik at footmen wars or change the "unit maximumn targets" to 6 or any # you want!

hope this helps you!

Here you go. 2 bonus arrows per level, starting at 3 arrows at level 1, each arrow deals 50 more damage per skill level, starting at 100 damage at level 1.

I could make one in GUI, you'll have to give me a while, though... it's long. ;)

Just to clarify, you want the Diablo II spell, right?

Another question: 1 arrow hit per target? Or can, say, all the arrows hit the same target (this leads to huge damage based on arrow count).

The more info you give, the easier it is to make. I'm not working with vJASS here.

Multishot, dunno about diablo 2
Just over 45 levels ( skill can upgrade 44 times after learning it)
Itll have his targets increased from 2 (or 3) to like 7 targets max.
Multishot, just like in WoW

well, it realy depends.
if you want to make a multishot that jumps, used chainlightning and smoothen it out.
if you want multiple people shot at once, use forked lightning.
if you want a unit with multishot, id say go liik at footmen wars or change the "unit maximumn targets" to 6 or any # you want!

hope this helps you!

Does not work, chain lightning or forked lightning fail to animate a flying arrow to the target.

Here you go. 2 bonus arrows per level, starting at 3 arrows at level 1, each arrow deals 50 more damage per skill level, starting at 100 damage at level 1.

Ill try it when i get home in 2 days, i dunno what the file contains, but ill text my friend to pick it up, hopefully he can make use of it.
Thanks a bunch :)

if uwant to make it customzie i need to know how ucreate a mirror image i think that do the trick
if u just want to right effect that it should give bar.. however its called u should look to this
http://world-editor-tutorials.thehelper.net/mshot.php
i alredy tried to help you but i rly need to know how to create mirror image if uwant it customized by trigger

also this one is passive i was making one u should cast
also i dont know if effects are shared on the trigger from the link like critical and orb effect

I doubt you would be asking if it was this simple, but Fan of Knives makes a great one-click multishot. You're probably thinking along the lines of Forked Lightning though, and these other guys can work that out better than I could.

I hate to point out the obvious, but I've had my own fair share of "derp!" moments so you never know for sure...

I doubt you would be asking if it was this simple, but Fan of Knives makes a great one-click multishot. You're probably thinking along the lines of Forked Lightning though, and these other guys can work that out better than I could.

I hate to point out the obvious, but I've had my own fair share of "derp!" moments so you never know for sure...

Fan of knives was my first guess, though still animation troubles and its a AOE not a ''so many targets'' shot. it just hits EVERYTHING.

Anyway thanks for all the help, my friend downloaded that map file, and he said it was EXACTLY how he wanted it to be. :)

Summoned, Your ''the shit'' (as my friend always says).
Cheers and thank you once again for solving this one!

Meh, i'm importing that script of yours now, i copied all ''needed'' variables.
The 2 scripts imported fine.
Copied the dummy unit.
Copied multi shot skill
Gave my hero the multi shot skill
Skill triggers, ranger assumes attack position just before she fires she stops
And no arrows no nothing no damage.

did i miss anything?

Thanks,
Smiley

Not really sure, sounds like you got all you needed. Maybe something (usually the unit or spell ID) messed up in the copying process.

Check to see it's referring to the right skill and creating the right unit.

Not really sure, sounds like you got all you needed. Maybe something (usually the unit or spell ID) messed up in the copying process.

Check to see it's referring to the right skill and creating the right unit.

Yeah its creating the ''dummy'' and uses the right skill far as i know?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    News portal has been retired. Main page of site goes to Headline News forum now
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am working on getting access to the old news portal under a different URL for those that would rather use that for news before we get a different news view.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Easily done
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    https://www.thehelper.net/pages/news/ is a link to the old news portal - i will integrate it into the interface somewhere when i figure it out
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Need to try something
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Hopefully this won't cause problems.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Hmm
  • Ghan Ghan:
    I have converted the Headline News forum to an Article type forum. It will now show the top 20 threads with more detail of each thread.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    See how we like that.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do not see a way to go past the 1st page of posts on the forum though
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is OK though for the main page to open up on the forum in the view it was before. As long as the portal has its own URL so it can be viewed that way I do want to try it as a regular forum view for a while
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Yeah I'm not sure what the deal is with the pagination.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    It SHOULD be there so I think it might just be an artifact of having an older style.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    I switched it to a "Standard" article forum. This will show the thread list like normal, but the threads themselves will have the first post set up above the rest of the "comments"
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I don't really get that article forum but I think it is because I have never really seen it used on a multi post thread
  • Ghan Ghan:
    RpNation makes more use of it right now as an example: https://www.rpnation.com/news/
  • The Helper The Helper:
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What do you think Tom?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    I will have to get used to this.
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    The latest news feed looks good

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.