Death Note

Ninja_sheep

Heavy is credit to team!
Reaction score
I finished readingit once more and I didn't get the ending
Mello kidnapped Takada. He didn't know about the fake death note.
That makes him look rather dumb. From his PoV kidnapping Takada isn't any good because he knew Light would know the option of takada being not able to kill people. So it'd be no use.
So why did he suicide?

And why didn't Light control Mello with his note?

Mod Edit said:
Forgot Spoiler Tag....

Thanks,
Mizuio Ken

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
Mello kidnapped Takada. He didn't know about the fake death note.
That makes him look rather dumb. From his PoV kidnapping Takada isn't any good because he knew Light would know the option of takada being not able to kill people. So it'd be no use.
So why did he suicide?

Takada has slips of the real Death Note in her Bra... She killed Mello then Light Killed Takada and burned the notes and the church to the ground (where they were hiding)

Ninja_sheep

Heavy is credit to team!
Reaction score
Mello isn't so dumb. He knew Kira has planed for the case of Takada wouldn't be able to bring out Kiras messages. Beside that, did Mello even know that Takada knew about who was Kira? Did Hale (the female ex-CIA agent in case I missed name) tell it to Mello?
I'm just confused about Mellos action. Why did he capture Takada?

konerboy

Run piggy Run!
Reaction score
really nice series, i've seen all episodes exept the two directers cut, i liked the show alot but at a specific point i felt that there wasn't meat enough on the episodes.

tha specific point (spoiler alert)

L is dead and yagami becomes the new L and he have put the blame on someone else and find the other books.

you guess heard about the murder in belgium that was linked to death note??

scary spoiler
Murder in Belgium linked to 'Death Note' manga

The severed lower half of a man's body, minus feet and with the genitals shorn, was discovered in a park near Brussels on Friday the 28th of September. Police found two pieces of paper near the body that read "Watashi wa Kira dess" (written with exactly that erronous romanization). Some still hope it may be a profoundly disgusting student prank, but police apparently fear they're dealing with a psychopath.

Kira is of course the alias of Yagami Raito, protagonist of the manga 'Death Note'. In the manga, Raito is gifted with a note that allows him to kill others from a distance. A genius aspiring to join the police, Raito wants to use the note to make a better world and starts murdering criminals under the codename 'Kira'. But power corrupts, of course: it isn't long before Raito begins to target the police detectives looking for the serial killer Kira, and he soon behaves like a veritable dictator. (POSSIBLE SPOILER if you don't know how the series ends, skip to next paragraph!) Things eventually end quite badly for Raito. In spite of its premise, the manga itself is a psychological thriller centered around the interaction between Kira and the detectives, with a great deal of talking heads and very little gore or gratuitious violence. People die, of course, but they generally collapse of heart attacks.

There's been some controversy about the series in China (which we previously discussed here and here). However, a murder is something of a whole new order of magnitude, and in our own back yard no less. Regrettably but unsurprisingly, media coverage here in Belgium has been rather sensationalist, with the incident being dubbed 'de mangamoord' ('the manga murder') and recorded screaming from the anime version of 'Death Note' preceeding discussions of the incident. Local manga fans have been attempting some damage control, but of course this is not good publicity. Never mind that the crime bears no resemblance to anything seen in 'Death Note' and the only link is one misspelled note, which proves only that the murderer was aware of the manga's existence. Calling this 'the manga murder' is about as sensible as referring to the shooting of John Lennon as 'the book murder' because Mark Chapman was carrying a copy of 'Catcher in the Rye' (thanks to the forum at Mangaheuvel for the analogy). However, in spite of a small-scale recent boom in Dutch manga translations, manga are still not well-known enough in Belgium for most people to realize just how absurd the characterization is.

In the interest of balance, though, it could have been worse. There's the usual factual errors -here and there Kira is translated as 'killer' by reporters unaware that the word is a name, details such as the length of the manga or whether or not the anime came first are misreported, the two live-action films are referred to as anime, and so forth. There's been few gross and significant errors. So far we've seen no barrage of articles referring to manga as 'Japanese comics full of sex and violence'; hopefully, reporting will stop at misrepresentation and not turn into anything resembling a witchhunt.

Regardless, it remains to be seen exactly what impact this is going to have on manga's status here. With the Japanese media turning up in Brussels as well (articles in Japanese on Mainichi and Yomiuri), it's not hard to imagine this snowballing. We're compiling press coverage of this incident on del.icio.us under the tag death_note, please let us know if you have a media tidbit we missed. Time for an in-depth analysis of the media coverage as soon as we have enough data to go on.

(It would have been nice to make our radio debut in more pleasant circumstances, but that's neither here nor there. We did a short interview to clarify what Death Note is about -listen to it here by clicking on 'audio' below the text. If you don't understand Dutch, you can enjoy listening to the screaming which is helpfully inserted just before we get to do our say. It's a fragment lifted from the very beginning of the first Death Note live action film.)

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
Has anyone seen the Live Action movie about this? It's really good.

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
It was actually amazing, and Ryuk looked really good. They changed a few parts to make it... I guess new? to DN Manga/anime fans, but they still kept a lot of the important stuff.

I didn't realize it was only the first part, though -.- Now I have to wait til October for the next one.

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
Can't touch Light Yagami
[YOUTUBE]ZnviOrx-KJw[/YOUTUBE]

Just bumping the thread with an awesome AMV :thup:

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
Warning: Will Spoil the entire story if you haven't finished it all.

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=tv_ZmrLsNYM

[YOUTUBE]tv_ZmrLsNYM[/YOUTUBE]

Good but I like the Death Note Anime Boston AMV better :p

Warning - Goes through the entire Series so if you haven't seen it all yet, don't click or look or even think about that spoiler tab...

Escaping, But Not Far - Death Note
[YOUTUBE]oSfNsn6_Bqc[/YOUTUBE]

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How are you all? :D
    +1
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.