Designing Custom Spells - Post Requests

Nighthawk

Reaction score
I'm bored. Post a request for a custom spell with a DETAILED description, i'll create it and either link it to you or upload a blank map containing it. I'll be at my computer for most of tonight (the 6th), after today this post is VOID and I will not be checking it. :cool:

DO:
- leave a detailed summary describing your spells
- note any problems you are having with your finished ability in your ORIGINAL post
- have a smiley somewhere in your post

DO NOT:
- have the words "like in DOTA" in your post (simply depict the spell concept)
- double post
- ask me when I will have your spell finished
- expect me to finish all spell requests (I don't know when I will be stopping)

The more complicated, math-based, and seemingly impossible the spell is the more fun. So start thinking wild :cool:

Bananarama1
Request 1, Apocolypse: Complete (Add "Picked Unit is Alive" and "Picked Unit is a Structure equal to false" conditions to the first If/Then statement in the Apocolypse Cast trigger (has been fixed in the downloadable map))
Request 2, Frostmourne Hunger: Complete

INCINERATE
Request 1, Boulder Toss: Complete MWAHAHAHAH, YES! I AM a GOD!!!

Laiev
Request 1, Wind Rush: Working on ATM

Undead.cow
Request 1, Power of Bal'Garath: Complete
Request 2, Demonic Fiend: Complete

Evenger (no way that I know of to check a units damage, I simply modified the spells to go off the casters main stat)
Request 1, Demolition: Complete
Request 2, Not Named: Working on ATM

Aqkastik
Request 1, Ripping Wave: Open for Creation
Request 2, Aqua Shield: Open for Creation

Please view, copy, and test spells from here (updated: 12-6, 1:43):
View attachment N1ghthawks Spells.w3x

Bananarama1

Reaction score
Spell Name: Apocolypse
What it does: Sends out a wave of Death Coils to all enemies in a frontal cone of the caster, dealing damage to them and knocking them back. All targets hit by this spell gain a periodic damage debuff for 10 seconds.

Preferably the Death Coils should go out in small waves over about 4 seconds, not just in one go. (Unless that is too complicated).

Thats all i want. If you don't want to then its okay. Not really necessary to be honest. ;-)

Edit: Just thought of something else,

Would it be possible to do this?

Frostmourne Hunger: Passive Ability

Chance on hit (5% ish) to steal the enemies soul (normal mobs only) killing them instantly and healing yourself for 200. This will also increase your strength by 20 for 10 seconds.

Edit:

Both of them work perfectly! Thanks a ton for doing it, really needed it for my map. You are very good at ability making!

Edit No.2:

One problem with Apocolypse, it works on dead bodies. When you cast it near some recently killed peasants etc, the skeletons fly through the air and get the debuff effect over them.

INCINERATE

Reaction score
Very nice, another one of these threads :D

i need this spell badly if are willing to create

Spell name : Boulder Toss

Spell Info : Basically can you create a boulder ( a big rock) that is attached to right hand of the hero , the hero has the option of throwing this big boulder at his enemys dealing damage and knocking back units that are hit with this big rock.

now if this hero wants to toss this boulder again, he will have to manually go over to the rock to pick it back up in the place it landed which would then reattach back to his right hand.

if you can, 6 levels.. the damage of the toss should be dependent on the level of the ability, if you want to make the knock-back distance standard, or changing with each level up to you :p

i hope this spell is hard enough for your liking lol :p gui /jass/vjass doesn't matter.. mui if possible

Laiev

Hey Listen!!
Reaction score
Name: Wind Rush
Spell Description: The hero moves toward the target, with the effect of wind causing damage after the first strike took place, the hero goes to another position around the target and does the same, repeating the movement 5 times. 3 levels :p, MUI if possible and can use vjass, jass, gui, hashtables, gui with custom jass, don't matter much how.

You can see what I want to say in this movie at 9:40.

Thanks and +rep and credits will be given :rolleyes:

Carnerox

The one and only.
Reaction score
Name: Power of Bal'Garath
Description: Varimath uses the power gifted to him by Bal'Garath, stealing 10% of all nearby enemy structures and units damage. Last 12 seconds.

Name:Demonic Fiend​
Description: Each attack Varimath deals, has a 15% chance to infect the attacked unit with demonic energy, if the infected target is killed while under the effect of demonic energy, it will create a Fiend. Demonic Energy last 5 seconds.

Level 1 - 400 hit points, 30-30 chaos damage, 1 normal armor. Last 10 seconds.
Level 2 - 600 hit points, 40-45 chaos damage, 2 normal armor. Last 15 seconds.
Level 3 - 800 hit points, 50-60 chaos damage, 3 normal armor. Last 20 seconds.

:) Any coding doesn't matter.

Nighthawk

Reaction score
You can see what I want to say in this movie at 9:40

Out of all the spells you had to pick THAT one, lawl. I'll build it tommorrow, I have just the Angel model to use.

Bananarama1

Reaction score
If you are still doing this i have one more request (don't have to, just would be helpful) :)

Death Grip:

What it does: Pulls the enemy towards you, whether its ground or air. If you pull a ground unit, it flies throw the air towards you. If you pull an air unit, it grounds the unit as well.

(To see what it really looks like, watch: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBHoq6oLYqo)

Have +repped you for the other spells, and i would give you a /hug for this one :) :thup:

envenger

Reaction score
Demolition

1. Demolition

If it is used on a enemy with 50% health it deals 2x meele damage and stuns for 1 second. it also damage the caster for 5% of his life bar

2. (Not-named)

Absorbs 50% of the damage cause by the next damage the caster takes and changes 50% of it to his own damage last 5 seconds after that the damage is gone(dont know is possible or not):p

thanks in advance

Aqkastik

Reaction score
I would like to request two spells if its still possible (;

- Ripping wave

DESCRIPTION:
- The caster dashes to the target point surfing on a crushing wave model

- Units standing in his way will be dragged with him, 100/150/200 burst damage and an effect which damage unit 20/30/40 Damage every second last 10 sec

- I want him to surf for like 1000 range.

DESCRIPTION:

Aqua Shield

Its a self spawning shield that spawns like every 9/8/7/6/5 second which absorb 1 attack, Stun the attacking unit for 0.3/0.5/0.7/0.9/1.1 seconds and damage for 25/50/75/100/150 hp

Thanks in advance (;

Carnerox

The one and only.
Reaction score
Grave Snare
Description: Creates a grave in front of the hero(can walk through) that talks a hold of all nearby structures and disables their attack. Last 6 seconds.

Capture Pet

Description: Throws a net onto a critter, over a period of time you will gain full control of the critter. When the critter is captured it will evolve into a stronger critter that becomes your pet(turns into a hero). Cannot have more than one, if the critter dies all items will be transfer'd to the new captured critter.

Level 1 - 30 second channel time.
level 2 - 20 second channel time.
Level 3 - 10 second channel time.

Arrow Flurry

Description: The hero fires a flurry around that damages enemy units within 400 radius of her, slowing their movement speed by 20% and dealing 50 damage per second. Last 3 seconds.

:)

HydraRancher

Truth begins in lies
Reaction score
If you are still doing this i have one more request (don't have to, just would be helpful) :)

Death Grip:

What it does: Pulls the enemy towards you, whether its ground or air. If you pull a ground unit, it flies throw the air towards you. If you pull an air unit, it grounds the unit as well.

(To see what it really looks like, watch: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBHoq6oLYqo)

Have +repped you for the other spells, and i would give you a /hug for this one :) :thup:

Not trying to steal Nighthawk's thread, but this spell sounds quite fun, I'll make it and you can have it if u want.

avalya

Reaction score
Add a floating combat text with size 14 that says 'GET OVER HERE!' as well, and it'll be just as fun as when every level 62 death knight starts ruining your gameplay it WOW when you enter Outland. Gotta love that macro, right?

Nighthawk

Reaction score
Not trying to steal Nighthawk's thread, but this spell sounds quite fun, I'll make it and you can have it if u want.

Open thread, I welcome other participants. I actually have a death grip spell in the AOS i'm currently developing, its used by the Dark Angel hero (the succubus). You can take a look if you like. :cool:

http://www.epicwar.com/maps/117819/

Its still in BETA, so it has cheat-items in the safezone that will level you to 40 and give you 80,000 gold. Also there are hero dummies that you can bash on (they will attack you but for minimal damage) in the very north-east region of the map (you can also wait for the match start and creeps will spawn).

This doesn't do the flying - ground thing you wanted, but I figured just so you could see what the spell will look like :0

INCINERATE

Reaction score
i new i gave you the hardest one :D

well i gave it a try.. i followed your extra instructions about making the bolder a missile ( i used ancient protector missle) and i had 3 problems :( can you fix them ?

-when you first level the spell it always skips level 2 and gos straight to level 3 each time.

-when i toss the rock, i cant pick it back up, the hero looses his ability for the whole game

-if i toss the boulder by a cliff, even if i could pick it back up.. its lost for good cause its stuck on top of a cliff :p

have you played the map age of myths? there is this hero called titan and he got this boulder toss /rock pick up . ill try to explain it as carefully as i can on how it works to give you insight on maybe missing something?

there is a boulder toss ability = when you hurl the rock at somebody this ability stays on the hero, the only difference is that if you don't have the rock in your hand, the hero would be tossing nothing but thin air doing no damage . so i dont think the complete removal of the ability is necessary when you toss the rock.

also the boulder got collision , if you toss it against a wall .. it will not go threw, which leads me to believe its an actual dummy unit with a doodad rock model i think.

then when you go to pick up this rock, it seems like as you reach 160 range or so to the rock, it instantly appears back in your right hand .

this is the hero i want to give the boulder toss spell to ( to paint a picture in your mind :D ) http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/resource_images/2/models_1896_screenshot.jpg

btw + rep though

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How are you all? :D
    +1
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.