Does killed units leak?

Solu9

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
It has been a general wondering of mine this question.
My initial thought was that the game automatically removes the point of the dead unit once it has decayed.
But since I usually make maps where a lot of units are slaughtered I want to make sure.

So, does a killed unit leave a leaking point?

Crimson

Reaction score
Yeah, I think they do but if you set death type to Can't Raise, Does not Decay the game automatically removes them so you don't have to worry about leaks.

EDIT: Sorry, I forgot. Units are removed after they decay so don't worry about leaks from them. You can kill as many as you want and they'll be removed after they decay. Can't Raise, Does not Decay immediately removes them from the game so you can try doing that if you don't want to wait before they're removed.

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
> leaking point?
Not sure if you're having a somewhat wrong perception here. Units do not leave points behind. They are an object of its own. Points are left behind only when you create them via trigger. Otherwise, don't worry about any point variables leaking.

Other than that, the above post has explained everything more or less.

On a related note, it's not such a good idea to use this 'Can't Raise, Does not Decay' because it might mess up with certain triggers, especially those with waits involved (eg creep reviving triggers).

Edit: Heroes do not get removed automatically. Just heads up if you're planning to use heroes as dummies (as some people might like since they can store more 'custom integer' values).

Solu9

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Not sure if you're having a somewhat wrong perception here. Units do not leave points behind. They are an object of its own. Points are left behind only when you create them via trigger.

Yeah I know, but there are so many oddities so I wanted to make sure :)

Anyway. That's all I needed to know guys. Thanks!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.