DoT or HoT stat based trigger

guneruh

Reaction score
Hi, i would really love some help with how to make a trigger like this. I want rejuvenation for example to heal a plus based on the intelligence of the hero every 3 seconds as the skills works.

for example: rejuvenation heals X damage plus Y damage (based on intelligence) every 3 sec. for 15 sec.

How can i do it? i thought about a "every 3 sec of game time" but it wouldnt be very precise.

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
> How can i do it?

Just check if the target is ally or enemy. Store the target into variable. If ally, then heal, wait, heal, wait...etc. Else damage, wait, damage wait, etc (can be done in loop as well). Rather simple.

guneruh

Reaction score
ok, theres a problem with that trigger, i saw it, and i made it just as you told me to, but when the skill its supposed to finish damaging (or healing with negative numbers) the objetive, it doesnt stop, and it continues making damage/heals infinitely.

this is the trigger

DoT
Acontecimientos
Unidad - A unit Inicia el efecto de una habilidad
Condiciones
(Ability being cast) Igual a Rip
Acciones
Custom script: local unit udg_unidad
Custom script: local integer i = 0
Set unidad = (Target unit of ability being cast)
Custom script: loop
Custom script: exitwhen i == 12
Custom script: set i = i + 1
Unidad - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage unidad, dealing (2.00 x (Real((Agilidad of (Triggering unit) (Incluir bonuses))))) damage of attack type Conjuros and damage type Planta
Wait 3.00 seconds
Custom script: endloop
Custom script: set udg_unidad = null

Traduce

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
The trigger looks fine to me. Note that the ability lasts for more than 30 seconds. Did you waited until the ability end? I suggest reducing the wait to 0.5 seconds just to check if the ability really ends (for testing purposes, add a game text at the end of the trigger). Otherwise, I can't find any problems as of yet.

guneruh

Reaction score
the rip skill lasts 12 secods, where does it say it lasts 30 sec? this skill its supposed to last 12 seconds, and in those 12 seconds proc 4 times (1 time every 3 sec). thats why i used 3 seconds on the "wait" action, unless im missunderstanding something

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
You loop 12 times. Each loop 3 seconds.... That's 36 seconds.

Change to this for 12 seconds:
Code:
Custom script: exitwhen i == 4

Edit:
I guess it's always good to guide yourself to learn from the things provided. Understand why the actions are used instead of just copying blindly. If things don't work well, troubleshoot the problem and add game text here and there to see if the actions flow well. If problem persists, then by all means, post a question here to get help. This'll help you a lot in future. Just my 2 cents. :)

guneruh

Reaction score
ok, thanks, its curious that when i asked that years ago, worked fine like that... or maybe i thought that.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.